+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR / new rules

VAR / new rules

Some of the decisions made over the last few weeks are very worrying.
    It started with the Champions League final penalty.
    Such a big game ruined in the first minute.
    Yes the defender shouldn't have had his arm up but it wasn't intentional hand ball, it didn't prevent a chance, and didn't warrant a penalty. Perhaps the old indirect free kick could be used in such cases.
    Lindgard's offside goal against Holland was debatable and not an obvious error.
    France's penalty against our U21's was a joke. Headed against his arm from a couple of feet away.
    While I don't give a monkeys about the women's World Cup there have been some diabolical penalty decisions. Both the award of the penalties and the retaking.
    The goalkeepers are being punished if they are an inch off the goal line, and retaken if a player encroaches.
    A penalty shootout in a big cup final could last longer than the match.
    All players bend the rules. It doesn't matter how big you make the quadrant at the corner flag, every player puts it a few inches outside. Are the going to start checking for this if a goal comes from a corner?
    The first few weeks of the season are going to be chaos.
    Refs seem to be looking for any excuse to award a penalty, and any excuse to disallow goals from open play.

I intend to take advantage at the bookies. Do a Heinz 57 on 'a penalty being awarded' in Saturday's premiership fixtures. A reckon it could see a decent return.

However, I don't agree with the rulings and it will make a mockery of games. Soccer Sat will see Jeff evin kittens guin into latter stages of games- "BIG, BIG GOAL AT SELHURST PARK......... OR IS IT? CHRIS KAMARA......."

" Unbelievable Jeff! The fans are celebrating but we wait on VAR. The palace striker farted in the direction of the defender and we're seeing if there was an infringement cos the defender went down very easily. I dont really know what's happening!"

" WE'LL RETURN TO SELHURST PARK IN A FEW MINUTES. WE CURRENTLY HAVE ONE SUPER 6 PLAYER STANDING TO WIN A QUARTER OF A MILLION POUNDS IF THE GOAL STANDS.............. BUT IT DOESN'T! A TOE APPARENTLY WAS OFFSIDE."

Ittul corse sum argybargy , bloody daft these new rules and VAR , is it in Championship yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Ittul corse sum argybargy , bloody daft these new rules and VAR , is it in Championship yet ?
    Not yit Roma burritulunly be a matter o time tha'd a thought.