+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: They're here

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Talking of re runs, this is a chance to ask Mad and Geoff if they had that bet?
    Tricky never any certainties in football ,well Maybe one Derby always finish above Forest . That never changes

This may not be the best time to bring that up Mista

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    This may not be the best time to bring that up Mista
    No confidence have you Geoff they ain't that good

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    No confidence have you Geoff they ain't that good
    Indeed they aint mista. I don't see them getting any better in the January window. I do see Derby getting better, though. We already have the saviour/naughty boy available from January the 1st. I suspect PC will alread have his targets lined up for toher roles in the squad as well as replacements for certain people I think may well be leaving the club in January.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Indeed they aint mista. I don't see them getting any better in the January window. I do see Derby getting better, though. We already have the saviour/naughty boy available from January the 1st. I suspect PC will alread have his targets lined up for toher roles in the squad as well as replacements for certain people I think may well be leaving the club in January.
    Tbh I have little interest in what Forest do. They’re seven points ahead of us in mid November...not a massive gap by any means but the rivalry between Derby and Nottingham is little more than a ‘sideshow’ to the season and there are bigger ‘fish to fry’ imo.

What does concern me is the ‘faith’ that is being put in the January ‘window’. Totally accept the need for strengthening and we all know what’s on the wish list. A replacement for Keogh, a full back who can defend, a goalkeeper, a goal scorer and someone who can cross.

Make your choice from that selection because we sure as hell aren’t going to get all of that but the worry is...is January the time to buy?
    It seems to me like a time when selling clubs recognise the ‘desperation’ of buying clubs and (over) charge accordingly. We have to be careful. I can’t see us going down even without further ‘investment’ in players, but unless Cocu has some more loanees or cheap Dutch imports lined up we could be paying a lot of money that we can ill afford.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbh I have little interest in what Forest do. They’re seven points ahead of us in mid November...not
    a massive gap by any means but the rivalry between Derby and Nottingham is little more than a ‘sideshow’ to the season and there are bigger ‘fish to fry’ imo.

What does concern me is the ‘faith’ that is being put in the January ‘window’. Totally accept the need for strengthening and we all know what’s on the wish list. A replacement for Keogh, a full back who can defend, a goalkeeper, a goal scorer and someone who can cross.

Make your choice from that selection because we sure as hell aren’t going to get all of that but the worry is...is January the time to buy?
    It seems to me like a time when selling clubs recognise the ‘desperation’ of buying clubs and (over) charge accordingly. We have to be careful. I can’t see us going down even without further ‘investment’ in players, but unless Cocu has some more loanees or cheap Dutch imports lined up we could be paying a lot of money that we can ill afford.
    RA you forgot the most important position that needs strengthening that's midfield . Most of our problems come from there they expose the defence a lot and create little for the strikers. We have improved since playing the diamond but we're nowhere near to controlling a match T hats a worry to me

So we need a goalkeeper, centre backs, fullbacks who can defend, a midfield and someone to score goals. And someone who can cross.

Aside from that list, we're in a good place then?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA you forgot the most important position that needs strengthening that's midfield . Most of our problems come from there they expose the defence a lot and create little for the strikers. We have improved since playing the diamond but we're nowhere near to controlling a match T hats a worry to me
    Take your point, mista. I was assuming Rooney is going to be used in midfield and I think Shinnie has made a difference there too, but you’re probably right. It just seemed too depressing, in the way that GP has identified, to add another position in need of reinforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So we need a goalkeeper, centre backs, fullbacks who can defend, a midfield and someone to score
    goals. And someone who can cross.

Aside from that list, we're in a good place then?
    No that's not quite right ,we need a new director of football, new scouting system , new fitness coaches , new investment then we should be ok

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Take your point, mista. I was assuming Rooney is going to be used in midfield and I think Shinnie has made a
    difference there too, but you’re probably right. It just seemed too depressing, in the way that GP has identified, to add another position in need of reinforcement.
    Yes will be interesting where Rooney fits in I said at the time we would miss Huddleston more than Keogh ,not because he's that good he's just the only player we have who is capable of that pass that actually creates something I thought Paterson might do it but not done so far Hope we bring more than just Rooney in We don't really want to get in a situation where we are relying on players who know they won't be here next season like Wisdom Martin Huddleston Clarke Paterson Zoon etc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)