+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First Training Session

First Training Session

I think I remember having read somewhere that the players are due back for training on Monday. We might get some answers to a number of interesting questions....

1. Where is the club’s training going to take place?
    2. Will it be open to the public and press (the first one usually is)?
    3. Will Neal Ardley be able to make any comments about the size or composition of his squad if asked by the press?
    4. Will there be any trialists or uncontracted players there? (I’m wondering whether there’s anyone who Ardley wants who’s on a promise of something like “we’ll sign you as soon as the takeover is done, when we’re able to commit money for new signings”. Will Jim O’Brien be there?

Assuming the takeover hasn’t been completed by Monday, we might at least be able to see a few straws in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I think I remember having read somewhere that the players are due back for training on Monday. We might get some answers to a number of interesting questions....

1. Where is the club’s training going to take place?
    2. Will it be open to the public and press (the first one usually is)?
    3. Will Neal Ardley be able to make any comments about the size or composition of his squad if asked by the press?
    4. Will there be any trialists or uncontracted players there? (I’m wondering whether there’s anyone who Ardley wants who’s on a promise of something like “we’ll sign you as soon as the takeover is done, when we’re able to commit money for new signings”. Will Jim O’Brien be there?

Assuming the takeover hasn’t been completed by Monday, we might at least be able to see a few straws in the wind.
    Further proof of the sorry state of affairs. Too many things to be sorted with our first game 6-7 weeks away.
    Those moaning about Ardley being sh1t should consider the sh1t storm he has been in since arriving. What manager worth their salt would put up with what he has?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Those moaning about Ardley being sh1t should consider the sh1t storm he has been in since arriving. What manager worth their salt would put up with what he has?
    Conversely, what manager worth their salt would have gained as few points as he has?

Just seen Mr hardy and Alex May down the Trent embankment both will poop scoops in hand, apparently clearing an area of grass in preparation for training on monday morning.

They trained here at NTU Clifton a couple of pre-seasons ago under Nolan, pitches are immaculate..

Quote Originally Posted by DAZH View Post
    They trained here at NTU Clifton a couple of pre-seasons ago under Nolan, pitches are immaculate..
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan this time too. I understand club representatives have been to check them out.

I'll bring my boots in Monday, just in case they need a 57 year old clogger to make the numbers up at 5 a side

I'll bring my boots in Monday, just in case they need a 57 year old clogger to make the numbers up at 5 a side
    Make the numbers up at 5-a-side? They need you at centre-half in the first team on the opening day ... if we get there!

That was when the NTU vice chancellor was a director and before Paragon made a total balls up of the new students union building.