+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott robertson

Scott robertson

Welcome home, GTF or meh....

I always had more of a problem with Dixon than Robertson and nowhere near the contempt I hold for dodds.

I'm probably keep the heid Doon and do a good job.

Could have have got this all wrong as it was a while ago.

He was
    Dundee FC fan
    Club captain
    Refused to sign a contract when we were skint
    Fecked off to the Dabs with no fee to us

He’s a chunt , that’s what I think

Snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post

He was
    Dundee FC fan
    Club captain

Never really think players can be fans, too busy trying to be players, a lot of players become more of a fan when retired.....his family were Dundee fans.

Club capt....probably but can't remember to be honest.

His contract came to an end though compared to kev McDonald it was a bit shoddy.

Not the best choice of club to move too but think that was more to do with his guru.

Not disagreeing with your opinion I'm just curious to see what the body of the kirk think.

a watered down version
    contract ended,he exercised his rights when others have put pen to paper and had a gentlemans agreement to go when a bid comes in

just the way i remember it

me personally i wouldnt have invited back for a job within the club

however who knows what went on,just my opinion on what i think i remember

however he is here now so
    DDYB

Claimed he wanted to advance his career and himself outside the local area, Hibs being strong favourites to sign him. Decided otherwise and should never be allowed back. Is there seriously no other ex-player who could manage to take on this role?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post

He was
    Dundee FC fan
    Club captain

We are dyed in the wool fans so wouldn't do what he did.

So on that front wouldn't have him back.

On the other hand, each of us has to decide what best to do for our family and as I don't know his full story i will back the judgement of the manager that he can do a job now.

There was nothing wrong with Scott Robertson's decision as a professional footballer to sign for any other team. One close to home on higher wages and a league above at the time has some logic - I have no beef about that.

That Scott Robertson, while a Dundee player made a great deal about being a Dee up until a few days before leaving is the issue for me. In football terms it's like your lass leaving you for some chunt you just don't like. A sore ane. Scott did not try and kill the club, nor has he gone on social media to slate the club that brought him through, as Dixon did.

Scott handled his departure badly and that hurt, my disappointment in him remains, but he is nothing like a Dodds or Dixon. He should be allowed to quietly get on with the job, hopefully he is older, wiser and will do a great job with our youngsters.

If he'd acknowledged that the froots had tapped him up illegally but he would still be signing up with them, that would be somewhat professional. He kept it all secret, though. Probably bring his medal into boys training to show them all what's possible if you're a snake. Out of sight, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    There was nothing wrong with Scott Robertson's decision as a professional footballer to sign for any other team. One close to home on higher wages and a league above at the time has some logic - I have no beef about that.

That Scott Robertson, while a Dundee player made a great deal about being a Dee up until a few days before leaving is the issue for me. In football terms it's like your lass leaving you for some chunt you just don't like. A sore ane. Scott did not try and kill the club, nor has he gone on social media to slate the club that brought him through, as Dixon did.

Scott handled his departure badly and that hurt, my disappointment in him remains, but he is nothing like a Dodds or Dixon. He should be allowed to quietly get on with the job, hopefully he is older, wiser and will do a great job with our youngsters.
    That's how I see it 're comparison to dodds and Dixon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)