+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Likely Team for first match of the new season

In the National league you need 4 things.......

One massive no nonsense CB
    One midfield terrier
    A person who is good at dead balls
    A massive 6 foot 5 cnut up front

Add all those to that team and we'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    In the National league you need 4 things.......

One massive no nonsense CB
    One midfield terrier
    A person who is good at dead balls

Add all those to that team and we'll be fine
    Agreed. To be fair though, we needed those types of players last years as well. Instead, we got Vaughan and Kellet.

I wonder if Brisley could do a job at CB. In a perfect world, I'd rather clear away the dead wood, but maybe players like him and even Hewitt might be decent squad fillers in the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I wonder if Brisley could do a job at CB. In a perfect world, I'd rather clear away the dead wood, but maybe players like him and even Hewitt might be decent squad fillers in the NL.
    Both were released so it's a bit late to wonder that now. Hewitt definitely could've done a job, his versatility would have been useful too even though he's shown himself to be pretty sh*t anywhere other than CM, alongside a good CM like Rose and/or Doyle he would have been as good as he was when he was close to being our player of the season in a playoff season. He was also only on about £1200 a month.

I can't see Doyle going anywhere after deciding not to leave when he could have triggered his release clause but I'd be amazed (and pleased) if we still have Enzio, Dennis and Hemmings all still here when we kick off. We might not be able to offload any of them because of their contracts but if we can afford to keep them we should definitely try if we want to challenge for promotion.

Thats Hardy sorted then.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post

Thats Hardy sorted then.
    He maybe a see you next Tuesday but sadly he's only 6 ft 4 and a half 😂

TBH I don't give a f00k who lines up for us next season. The mere fact that we line up at all will be enough for me.

Name:  NCFC LINEUP - june19.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  56.0 KB

My 2p worth. Playing a 4-5-1 based on the players we have (assuming we get rid of Enzio & Dennis - even then, I'd still have the team like this with them on the bench).

Quote Originally Posted by Pie1862 View Post
    Name:  NCFC LINEUP - june19.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  56.0 KB

My 2p worth. Playing a 4-5-1 based on the players we have (assuming we get rid of Enzio & Dennis - even then, I'd still have the team like this with them on the bench).
    Not a bad looking team - don’t know anything about Betts - perhaps need a bit more experience at CB’s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12