+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: If Gove was a remoaner he’d want another vote!

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Well, I don’t think that would be a good idea for you (51st state).

Why does Trump like and get on with Boris Johnson (apart from them both being obnoxious buffoons)?

Could it be that Johnson is Brexit and hard Brexit and Trump enjoys the idea of the EU getting weaker (which of course it would be if GB left)?

And Trump then would like to get trade deals etc with GB, and which of the two in those negotiations is the weaker part, GB or the US?

In the EU, GB are one of the most powerful players...

Just a thought. ��
    sorry SB,but you don’t get to were trump and boris are at the moment by being buffoons just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    sorry SB,but you don’t get to were trump and boris are at the moment by being buffoons just saying.

Boris will be like fresh air when he takes position and certainly not weak like May or a complete knob like Corbyn. The only similarity with Trump is both speak their mind and don’t beat about the bush - is that a bad thing!!! Burkas do look like letterboxes so I admire a quality in a person who is direct.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Boris will be like fresh air when he takes position and certainly not weak like May or a complete knob like Corbyn. The only similarity with Trump is both speak their mind and don’t beat about the bush - is that a bad thing!!! Burkas do look like letterboxes so I admire a quality in a person who is direct.
    al trouble today,if you speak the truth your racist,(or the village idiot).i was always told respect other people but don’t let them bully you,I think trump and boris fall into that catagry if that makes sence.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Yes they would have to do all those things because they are not in control. The Italians hate, hate, hate the Euro.

If the Italian currency was devalued then Fiats become cheaper. Italy exports more cars and imports less cars. Result stronger economy.
    This is one item you are overlooking - Tariffs.

If the Italians come out of the Euro, they would very likely have to come out of the EU. I don't know the spread, but I imagine the majority of Fiats are sold in the EU. The EU would apply tariffs to Fiat cars to protect other EU car manufacturers, Nissan, for example. To make it more viable for an EU citizen to buy a Nissan than a Fiat. And also to keep employment rates strong at Nissan factories in the EU. They would also lose other FTA's with ROW countries.

So Fiat would become uncompetitive in the EU, a huge portion of their sales market.

And then what about all of the other commodities that Italy imports? What you are suggesting is for Italy, like the UK, to become more insular. Sure, they can export more to the ROW, but probably won't export anywhere near as much to the EU which is a huge part of their market and imports will become more expensive, depending on how much their currency would weaken.

On another note, what were your thoughts on the OBR report today? Suggesting a £30bn black hole in public finances and which I gather wasn't even a worse case scenario for a No Deal Brexit...
    Last edited by WBA123; 18-07-2019 at 11:49 AM.

We will all die with a no deal Brexit! The whole island will sink into oblivion! Cliff edge cliff edge!!! We are all doomed! woe is me!, woe is me! Oh the beautiful EU how we miss thy power! Help us! help us!
    Now pass us the Worcester source eat your chips and shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    We will all die with a no deal Brexit! The whole island will sink into oblivion! Cliff edge cliff edge!!! We are all doomed! woe is me!, woe is me! Oh the beautiful EU how we miss thy power! Help us! help us!
    😆 😆 😆

I must say I’m presently surprised Boingy........traditionally this last two weeks are my best two weeks of the summer season,I was expecting to be a chunk down given all the doom mongering but we’ve been a few percent up.

Whatever the outcome we will survive and eventually prosper as a country once the dust settles.

Here here Boingy!! We are all doomed without the EU - the cliffs of Dover are all starting to crack and fall into the water already!!

Cutting and pasting absolute s hite is as simple as 123!!!

I hope the cliffs don't fall too quickly Al otherwise I'll be in the feckin drink as well!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I hope the cliffs don't fall too quickly Al otherwise I'll be in the feckin drink as well!

I’ll need a feckin drink soon Tipperary reading all this cut and paste s hite of the pro remoaner.

Remoaners - Pride - Corbyn!!! What the feck is going on!!! More comedy than Dowling and Jenkins!!!

a great plague will Passover us mark your doors with a cross in blood,or you will die of the worst possible death imagineable boils warts and pestilence will decend and wipe out all the leavers(aka village idiots) are you listening al you have been warned.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)