+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If Gove was a remoaner he’d want another vote!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Question for you, which is more democratic?

Calling for another democratic vote

Or

Leaving the EU without a deal, which has not been voted for by a single person and has been rejected by Parliament...
    You REALLY don't get it do you? I thought you were just stubborn but it really is one huge mental block.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You REALLY don't get it do you? I thought you were just stubborn but it really is one huge mental block.

Mental being the key word Boingy!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You're right, I don't get it.

I can't get my head around Brexit as a whole, why we've voted in favour of putting trade barriers in place with our largest trading partner and diminished our right to live, work and travel in 27 other countries.

But I really don't get the 'democracy' argument. We live in a constitution where parliament is sovereign. Parliament has rejected every option available to them. The referendum was clear that it was a Leave vote, with a deal. Had the deal that had been negotiated passed through parliament then that would have been democracy. Parliament has rejected that 3 times. They've rejected a No-Deal. We are in political deadlock...

What is your solution?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You have already said there three times you boring knob head!! Boris will alas take us out of the EU so get used to it or purchase a one way ticket!!!
    "You have already said that three times you boring knob head!! Boris will also take us out of the EU so get used to it or purchase a one way ticket"

I'm trying to be a bit more considerate because its clear that you are educationally challenged and barely literate. Let me know if I can help any further...

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Unfortunately Leicester I fear you’re wrong.

The “Right On Lefties” in London,the university students with no real life experience who are ready to be bought off with free tuition fees and the work shy are desperate to see Corbyn prevail.

I have a niece who went straight from education into working at a university in the North East........she is 35 and diversity,LBGT,feminism and Corbyn mad.

Her dad is a former miner and your typical “died in the wool” Labour supporter.

Her dad cannot stomach Corbyn and the Marxists and voted for Brexit.

He and her went for weeks without speaking due to her being so p I s s e d at him for not voting to Remain and because he won’t vote for Corbyn.

Her and her university workers and the vast majority of the students are desperate to see us run like Venezuela.

Absolutely clueless.
    On the contrary, I think a lot of our youth are our only shining beacon of hope.

The majority of our youth voted to remain because they want us to be more influential, have no restrictions on trade and want more opportunity. As a result, we will be back in the EU at some point. Some of them care passionately about environmental issues and climate change too.

Whereas the majority of the over 50's voted to leave, probably because they are influenced by too many right wing newspapers. They ramble on about the war, as if they were there and as if it were relevant in the Leave/Remain debate - which it isn't. Most of them haven't got a first clue about what WTO rules are. Or the Irish border issues, nor do they understand what damage leaving without a deal would do to our economy, according to the Govt's own Brexit department. But slogans which mean nothing, like 'leave means leave' are important to them...

The majority of over 50's support the buffoon that is Johnson - who recently said "F--- business" and told the fire service to 'get stuffed' after closing several stations down in London. Spent £44m on a bridge that was never built, and helped to extend the sentence of a British national in jail in Iran because of his incompetence.

If a village idiot like BaggieAl, who can barely string a sentence together, advocates him - then that is all you need to know!
    Last edited by WBA123; 21-06-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Mick, I just hope that your fears are unfounded! One point I would just like to make is that prior to the Referendum the Remainers never mentioned the Irish border problem and I don't remember it being even discussed on any forum whatsoever. Why then, since the result was announced, has it become such a burning issue. Why didn't the Remainers put a great emphasis on it then as surely it would have strengthened their case. Basically, because they probably hadn't thought about it. Not very bright are they?
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 21-06-2019 at 08:46 AM.

I've attached the latest documents released by the Department for Exiting the European Union below for those of an inquisitive nature and with an interest in such things. Feel free to peruse at your collective leisure. It looks like it's going to be a decent day today so I'll be heading outside later. Toodle pip and cheery bye for a bit .....

https://www.gov.uk/government/latest...european-union

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Mick, I just hope that your fears are unfounded! One point I would just like to make is that prior to the Referendum the Remainers never mentioned the Irish border problem and I don't remember it being even discussed on any forum whatsoever. Why then, since the result was announced, has it become such a burning issue. Why didn't the Remainers put a great emphasis on it then as surely it would have strengthened their case. Basically, because they probably hadn't thought about it. Not very bright are they?
    The remain campaign was poor, but it was mentioned. Cameron brought it up in his last ever PMQ's and Johnson & Farage both said that the Irish border wouldn't be an issue or affect the Irish people or Brexit....

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I really do worry about ‘the general public’ and what it has become in this country. I watched Question Time tonight and if that audience is representative of the general public then God help us. I previously stated that there are many good Labour MPs but that Laura Pidcock is not one of them, her name should be Laura Pillock. No wonder politics is in its current state, both main parties are so internally split that it’s difficult to align oneself to any of them. Maybe the Monster Raving Loonies are not so mad after all!
    I watched QT last night and had pretty much the same feelings of God help us if that audience were representative of the UK. It seemed a very biased audience but then it was probably representative of Tottenham and indeed much of London which is why so many useless crackpots in the London region get elected as MP’s by people like that. I think sometimes people get the MP’s they deserve. FWIW I thought Tim Martin of Weatherspoons spoke the most sense when he wasn’t shouted down and yes, that Labour MP was nothing but a vacuous idiot.
    Last edited by stripes39; 21-06-2019 at 01:54 PM.

123.....How on earth do you arrive at this conclusion? "diminished our right to live, work and travel in 27 other countries"
    We are leaving the EU not Europe. That was a basic fact of the referendum.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)