+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: If Gove was a remoaner he’d want another vote!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I have said it before, anyone who advocates a No Deal Brexit really has no grasp of international trade or WTO terms. It will create havoc and make us poorer.

Good question regards how another referendum would be balanced this time, I have no idea. It would need some kind of impartial group to give us the facts. But when Farage blasts experts and impartial groups who's information he disagree's with what chance have you got....

What is the basis for his opinion, this cheesemaker? Because most cheese from the EU comes from the UK and France. So one of the main reason for the high tariffs is UK made Cheese. I would have thought it would be more likely the US would increase the tariffs for the UK rather than decrease them.
    123 you keep asking me questions which I answer but fail tyo answer my repeatedly asked question of how you think the EU will react when the Italian economy hits the buffers. Unite as I think you believe or everyman for himself as I predict. I have also asked you where you see the EU in say 30 years from now. Super State or non existent?

I am very pleased for you that as a Remainer you have a good understanding of WTO rules whilst all Brexiteers have no grasp. I think you need to read your cheese comment and phrase it properly because I also have no grasp of what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    123 you keep asking me questions which I answer but fail tyo answer my repeatedly asked question of how you think the EU will react when the Italian economy hits the buffers. Unite as I think you believe or everyman for himself as I predict. I have also asked you where you see the EU in say 30 years from now. Super State or non existent?

I am very pleased for you that as a Remainer you have a good understanding of WTO rules whilst all Brexiteers have no grasp. I think you need to read your cheese comment and phrase it properly because I also have no grasp of what you are trying to say.

I still have no idea from you how the Irish border will be solved, or whether you want a deal or no deal.

But let me clear up for you. The EU has a history of uniting behind states in financial difficulty, as has existed with Greece and Ireland. In my opinion, the EU will be one of the 4 powers in the world in 30 years time, alongside China, India and the USA. I think we will rejoin at some point and hopefully will have an influence.

People who band around terms like "Superstate" and "Federal" have been frightened into thinking this by our RW press. Because they think we will lose our national identity, I don't think we will.

In terms of the cheese comment. The USA are putting tariffs on EU produced cheese to protect their own industry. This is why countries have tariffs and trade deals in the first place. If the UK is the largest cheesemaker in the EU (Without checking, but we must be up there with France). Why would the USA give us a better tariff than the EU? That would threaten their industry and why they have high tariffs for the EU in the first place. It doesn't seem logical to me.
    Last edited by WBA123; 09-07-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Nowhere have I or would I ever ask you to refrain from saying what the' f***** you like' I merely ask that you state it not as a matter of truth but of opinion which it clearly is!

IMO leaving without a deal is now (it wasn't 3 years ago) the best option to obtain us a good deal. A deal btw that is good for us and them. That should be a gimmee but UK incompetence and EU intransigence has combined to prevent it so far.

As regards a 2nd vote what makes you think Remainers and Brexiteers would suddenly start giving us the balanced views rather than lies this time around?

It wasn't me who thought the US would give UK cheesemakers a better deal it was the cheesemaker who said that. I assume there is some basis for his company thinking that.

And after all 'blessed are the cheesemakers'
    9 2 3 you should really refrain from trying to have a conversation with the remainers on this board as we all know by now they know it F#CKIN all and we the poor thick peasants you had the brass neck to vote leave are just a bunch of silly people.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    9 2 3 you should really refrain from trying to have a conversation with the remainers on this board as we all know by now they know it F#CKIN all and we the poor thick peasants you had the brass neck to vote leave are just a bunch of silly people.
    Actually for what its worth, I quite enjoy having a conversation with 923 about Brexit. Even though I profoundly disagree with him, he offers sensible and reasoned debate.

Actually for what its worth, I quite enjoy having a conversation with 923 about Brexit. Even though I profoundly disagree with him, he offers sensible and reasoned debate.
    he’s unlike you then

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    he’s unlike you then
    The moment I thought you were a village idiot was when you described Remain supporting parties as 'Traitors'

I don't know how old you are, I presume its a couple of decades older than me. But if you still think that, you seriously need to grow up.

The moment I thought you were a village idiot was when you described Remain supporting parties as 'Traitors'

I don't know how old you are, I presume its a couple of decades older than me. But if you still think that, you seriously need to grow up.
    you really are one.

I have said it before, anyone who advocates a No Deal Brexit really has no grasp of international trade or WTO terms. It will create havoc and make us poorer.

Good question regards how another referendum would be balanced this time, I have no idea. It would need some kind of impartial group to give us the facts. But when Farage blasts experts and impartial groups who's information he disagree's with what chance have you got....

What is the basis for his opinion, this cheesemaker? Because most cheese from the EU comes from the UK and France. So one of the main reason for the high tariffs is UK made Cheese. I would have thought it would be more likely the US would increase the tariffs for the UK rather than decrease them.
    Please don't get caught in the minutae of the cheesemakers comments. To put it into perspecrtive it was a 20 min chat in a beer garden. I think what he was saying is currently there are tariffs on cheese sales from the EU to the US. His company were optimistic post Brexit the UK could negotiate a better deal that would give them an edge. For me the thing to take away from this is Brexit brings us trade opportunities as well as challenges. The US buys more from us than any other country. There has to be other industries that could benefit if we were free to negotiate deals that suited us not all 28.
    Note when passing on his comments I included both the good and the bad aspects of Brexit. It would be nice to see a bit balance from our politicians on both sides of the arguement. Yes I know. Not a cat in hells chance.

I still have no idea from you how the Irish border will be solved, or whether you want a deal or no deal.

But let me clear up for you. The EU has a history of uniting behind states in financial difficulty, as has existed with Greece and Ireland. In my opinion, the EU will be one of the 4 powers in the world in 30 years time, alongside China, India and the USA. I think we will rejoin at some point and hopefully will have an influence.

People who band around terms like "Superstate" and "Federal" have been frightened into thinking this by our RW press. Because they think we will lose our national identity, I don't think we will.

In terms of the cheese comment. The USA are putting tariffs on EU produced cheese to protect their own industry. This is why countries have tariffs and trade deals in the first place. If the UK is the largest cheesemaker in the EU (Without checking, but we must be up there with France). Why would the USA give us a better tariff than the EU? That would threaten their industry and why they have high tariffs for the EU in the first place. It doesn't seem logical to me.
    And I will try and make my position clear for you and anyone else remotely interested.

Federal Europe, Superstate. You don't think it will happen I think it might. Who knows. If it did would you want in or out?

Ireland. I have heard a few say technological solutions exist. Never heard anyone categorically state they don't. So I think they probably do. Of the 28 I believe only 2 have any real interest on what happens on the Irish border. So why is it so important? It's because it gives the EU the opportunity to cause confusion and make difficulties for the UK. Their intransigence and our incompetence has played perfectly into their hands. The EU are desperate for us to remain and their fervent hope is that we do so they can continue taking in our billions and have free access to OUR massive market.

I'll say again I now believe the best way for us to get a good deal is to leave without a deal. It would be hugely advantageous for the EU to have a good deal with the UK after Brexit so a deal should be a gimmee. Unless of course you believe like I do the Politics are more important to the EU than the Economics.

The EU (or Germany as it is otherwise known) did not unite behind Greece they massively contributed towards the problem. If Greece had been stand alone they would have had to face up their problems much earlier. But Germany continued to pour money in (and profited from doing so) until the situation became unsustainable. Greece then had to do what Germany dictated. It's a bit like me have lots of credit card debt and trying to solve it by raising limits and getting more cards. For this situation to arise it required an irresponsible borrower (Greece) and an irresponsible lender (Germany.)
    I present this analysis not as a matter of opinion but as a matter of fact but please feel free to disagree.

Italy. The EU got thro the Greek problem (so far) by the skin of its teeth. Two things are very different. The Italian debt is 10 times bigger so I don't see how Germany can manage this time. Also there is so much more anti EU feeling around now than 10 years go. I can't envisage your average EU cityzen being happy to want to bail out Italy. Can you?

There is one common denominator. In both cases you have a weak economy and a strong currency. How on earth does that work? It doesn't! It massively contibutes towards the problem. For me the EU is a totally flawed concept that will fall apart and whilst we can't protect totally ourselves from the fall out the further and sooner we are away from it we are the better.

The Gravy Train is heading for the buffers. Let's get out of the way.

Regarding the Scots, remember they love the EU...or so were told. So treat them the way the Eu treats us.
    Tell them that they can't cherry pick anything from the UK and tell them that there's a special kind of hell for those who choose to leave the UK. They should be very happy with that.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)