+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: If Gove was a remoaner he’d want another vote!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I see the German lady who’s been given one of the top jobs is the second most hated politician in her own country and mixed up in some sort of scandal,financial I believe.

The non German and French countries are furious about being shut out of the top jobs,even Junker is saying how undemocratic the process has become.

Federalism is an absolute joke,it’s like “Animal Farm” in that all countries are supposed to be equal but some are more equal than others.

There’s nothing wrong with the Common Market as was,trading on equal terms always made great sense but the EU is a corrupt cesspit in its present form.

Even if it takes us a bit of time to regain our equilibrium after Brexit I can see others following suit once they realise it can be done.
    And us Leavers are accused of not knowing what we voted for. Who voted this lady in? What's her agenda? Where does she want the EU to be in 5 years. Any Remainers care to tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    And us Leavers are accused of not knowing what we voted for. Who voted this lady in? What's her agenda? Where does she want the EU to be in 5 years. Any Remainers care to tell me?
    you answered your own question 9 2 3 she’s German.as we all know but some refuse to believe they run the gravy train .

According to Andrew Neil she’s a massive Federalist 923 and wants to see Europe as one massive state with its own army and all of the other bells and whistles!

People like 123 and dear old friend Kettering are happy to see us ruled by unelected zealots.

Preposterous nonsense.

Surrender monkey mentality.

Have a feel around the rear of your body guys.......see if there’s any trace of a backbone!

I see the German lady who’s been given one of the top jobs is the second most hated politician in her own country and mixed up in some sort of scandal,financial I believe.

The non German and French countries are furious about being shut out of the top jobs,even Junker is saying how undemocratic the process has become.

Federalism is an absolute joke,it’s like “Animal Farm” in that all countries are supposed to be equal but some are more equal than others.

There’s nothing wrong with the Common Market as was,trading on equal terms always made great sense but the EU is a corrupt cesspit in its present form.

Even if it takes us a bit of time to regain our equilibrium after Brexit I can see others following suit once they realise it can be done.
    Indeed, the Common Market is and was a good idea, but the way the EU are heading now, (what eg Macron wants) the federalist way with EU taxation, EU army etc, etc, is the wrong way.

But I am sad that we (Sweden) may lose a powerful ally in opposing this, we often sided with GB on these matters (often together with the so called Visegrad countries, eg Poland).

And there might and ought to be a way of fighting this as a member rather than to bail out?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Indeed, the Common Market is and was a good idea, but the way the EU are heading now, (what eg Macron wants) the federalist way with EU taxation, EU army etc, etc, is the wrong way.

But I am sad that we (Sweden) may lose a powerful ally in opposing this, we often sided with GB on these matters (often together with the so called Visegrad countries, eg Poland).

And there might and ought to be a way of fighting this as a member rather than to bail out?
    What’s the state of the political wind in Sweden and across Scandinavia at present Tomas?

I’ve a lot of time for the countries in your region and Sweden in particular and you always seem a very stable and level headed country.

Is there a more Nationalistic feeling in your region at present or anybody pushing for Swexit ?

What’s the state of the political wind in Sweden and across Scandinavia at present Tomas?

I’ve a lot of time for the countries in your region and Sweden in particular and you always seem a very stable and level headed country.

Is there a more Nationalistic feeling in your region at present or anybody pushing for Swexit ?
    No majority for Swexit as it is now Mick, though many are skeptic of the federalist way of the EU.

Def more nationalistic feelings portrayed by that right wing parties with xenophobic agendas are on the rise, sadly.

Though all in all, those in power and politicians in general, live their own lives alienated from that of ordinary people, seeing to their own best and benefits. Not that far from GB and the EU maybe?

That 2 countries as different to each other are in anyway one is for me just one absurdity of this supposed Union. One is very law abiding , pays its taxes, has little corruption,cares well for its cityzens, has a strong economy, is well thought of internationally and perhaps most importantly has lots of pretty girls. The other is a country in Scandanavia.

Only joking SB but I am serious as to why anyone thinks it a good idea to 'link' two such diverse coutries. Vive la difference I say.

That 2 countries as different to each other are in anyway one is for me just one absurdity of this supposed Union. One is very law abiding , pays its taxes, has little corruption,cares well for its cityzens, has a strong economy, is well thought of internationally and perhaps most importantly has lots of pretty girls. The other is a country in Scandanavia.

Only joking SB but I am serious as to why anyone thinks it a good idea to 'link' two such diverse coutries. Vive la difference I say.
    The EU is a stupid idea. Linking 27 countries and trying to make them the same when there are clear differences. We all have different needs and wants. That's what makes us all interesting. Countries can be friends you know. It makes the diplomats earn their money to show respect.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    The EU is a stupid idea. Linking 27 countries and trying to make them the same when there are clear differences. We all have different needs and wants. That's what makes us all interesting. Countries can be friends you know. It makes the diplomats earn their money to show respect.
    I think there are clear differences within countries too, as well as similarities between countries. No such thing as a ”homogeneous country”.

There are probably more similaraties between me and certain Britons, than to some of my fellow countrymen.

True Swedish. I wouldn't want to change anything you were happy with. The EU however has other ideas. Take the move toward a European army for example. What happens if a country within the EU decides that the country the EU wants to attack they don't agree with? The world is a big place, and as we have seen the EU gets countries to re vote if they don't agree with their decision as in the cases of Ireland/Denmark and the Netherlands. That is a dictatorship. A dictatorship in a velvet glove.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)