Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
Sorry Ketts but is absolutely NOT true that the deal we have is the one we already have. That may be true for the EU but what about the other 150+ countries we can trade with where the deal is to suit all 28 of the EU not the UK

Last week I was in the company of the Operations Director of a cheese manufacturer in Dorset. Their biggest export customer (40% of all sales) is the States. He is concerned about Brexit mostly staff recruitment but by far a bigger concern is the threat of US tariffs on EU cheese. Conversly if we were free to negotiate a deal to suit the UK it could result in increased sales.

Please in future refrain from making the mistake many Remainers indulge in their stating opinions as matter of facts
If its a choice between a deal with the EU or remaining, then I agree with him that our better option is to remain.

If its a choice between leaving with no deal or with a deal, then our best option is to negotiate a deal. The upheaval leaving without a deal will cause could end up being the stuff of nightmares.

I'm still confused as to your position, do you want to leave with a deal or without?

Interesting you mention about the cheese, why do you think the US would give the UK a better tariff than the EU? And don't you think the increase in tariffs are largely down to a sitting president who is starting trade wars and may not even be in office next year?