+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If Gove was a remoaner he’d want another vote!

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Would it have made a difference? Possibly/probably depending on your view.

No way to leave without border checks? I haven't heard a single remainer make this statement. There are I think a few options just none we have agreed on.

It only jeopardises the GFA if people decide they want it to!

'They' say there are technological solutions. Not for 1 minute do I consider myself knowledgeable enough to comment on this. Do you consider yourself well enough informed to categorically state there isn't one?
    No I don't, perhaps there is a solution I'm not seeing.

But then I'm not a politician who has consistently stated there would be no problem with the Irish border, like Johnson and Farage.

I don't understand your 2nd statement, it only jeopordises the GFA if people want it to? The GFA removed checks at the border, it was a key part of the agreement. If we leave the SM and CU, we will have a different customs and regulatory body to the EU. So how can the GFA be kept intact, unless the border stays exactly as it is now? That is what both sides want....which is fine - but how will we be 'taking back control' by having an open border with the EU without checks on people or goods? That scenario would probably lead to the border becoming a smugglers paradise and won't protect British or EU industry.

So considering Johnson and Farage's position, why haven't they written down a treaty / white paper / plan of action?

The answer to that is quite easy - because they have bluffed their way into the position they are in now by blaming other people for their own failures and don't want anything written down to be scrutinised, because there will be holes in it...
    Last edited by WBA123; 24-06-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Myself and 68 are called village idiots - anybody who voted out is thick - Boris is a buffoon!

You clearly are deluded and have mental issues! The right medication can help you so don’t delay!

PS - I know a good few students who love Boris and perhaps they can relate it to his Oxbridge days! Perhaps that’s your problem - you did not get the grades to go to a decent uni or you failed politics in your A Levels!
    I don't mind you having a pop at me or my grades - for which I can't understand what difference that makes, perhaps someone is feeling a little inferior!

But don't state things that I haven't said...

I have never said people who voted out are thick, I have said they were misled - there is a difference.

I have consistently said Boris is a buffoon and you are village idiot - I'll stand by those two.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    No I don't, perhaps there is a solution I'm not seeing.

But then I'm not a politician who has consistently stated there would be no problem with the Irish border, like Johnson and Farage.

I don't understand your 2nd statement, it only jeopordises the GFA if people want it to? The GFA removed checks at the border, it was a key part of the agreement. If we leave the SM and CU, we will have a different customs and regulatory body to the EU. So how can the GFA be kept intact, unless the border stays exactly as it is now? That is what both sides want....which is fine - but how will we be 'taking back control' by having an open border with the EU without checks on people or goods? That scenario would probably lead to the border becoming a smugglers paradise and won't protect British or EU industry.

So considering Johnson and Farage's position, why haven't they written down a treaty / white paper / plan of action?

The answer to that is quite easy - because they have bluffed their way into the position they are in now by blaming other people for their own failures and don't want anything written down to be scrutinised, because there will be holes in it...
    Interestingly there is an article in the Telegraph today from Prosperity UK stating there are technological solutions to the Irish Border problem. Prosperity are a Brexit supporting organisation and so before you say it I too think there is a possibility they are simplyfying matters for their own agenda and there in lies the problem. If there were any common sense their proposal would be analysed to death until it was a matter of fact if there is a solution here, or no it's not possible think again. Then we all move on from a position of agreement.

Putting the GFA in jeopardise always seems to lead everyone to assume it could mean a return to The Troubles. Well it only will mean that if the men of violence choose it to and the Irish people allow it.

As for Johnson and Farage bluffing their way into position and blaming others please find me a politician that hand on heart hasn't repeatedly done that and I will have more empathy with your view. Actually I don't understand how you can criticise Farage for bluffing whatever else he does he says what he means better than anyone else in this process.

I don't have a problem with anyone supporting Remain but I do have a massive problem when Remainers such as youself perpetuate the myth that only the Leave told lies when that is palpably not true. Unfortunately both sides were at it and still are!

I voted Leave on 2 counts.

!. I find it beyound comprehension that we as the 5th biggest economy in the World can't both thrive and survive as a Nation.

2. I truly believe the EU is a totally flawed concept and in my lifetime (hopefully around 25 years) it will crash and burn..The Greek economic crisis of a few years ago almost brought down the Euro. The Italian economy which is 10 times bigger is going to fail and will cause massive problems to the Euro at a time when the German economy is nowhere near as strong as it was and they quite understandably will be much less willing/able to provide the crutch to support it. Also there won't be the UK's £8 billion pa to bail them out. IMO the answer will be a collection of 'Super States' within the EU (which I belive we want no part of).with the others relegated to second class, or the whole thing will fall apart. Either way when it does the further away from it we are the better.

We all know we deserve better and we all know we ain't gonna get it!

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Interestingly there is an article in the Telegraph today from Prosperity UK stating there are technological solutions to the Irish Border problem. Prosperity are a Brexit supporting organisation and so before you say it I too think there is a possibility they are simplyfying matters for their own agenda and there in lies the problem. If there were any common sense their proposal would be analysed to death until it was a matter of fact if there is a solution here, or no it's not possible think again. Then we all move on from a position of agreement.

Putting the GFA in jeopardise always seems to lead everyone to assume it could mean a return to The Troubles. Well it only will mean that if the men of violence choose it to and the Irish people allow it.

As for Johnson and Farage bluffing their way into position and blaming others please find me a politician that hand on heart hasn't repeatedly done that and I will have more empathy with your view. Actually I don't understand how you can criticise Farage for bluffing whatever else he does he says what he means better than anyone else in this process.

I don't have a problem with anyone supporting Remain but I do have a massive problem when Remainers such as youself perpetuate the myth that only the Leave told lies when that is palpably not true. Unfortunately both sides were at it and still are!

I voted Leave on 2 counts.

!. I find it beyound comprehension that we as the 5th biggest economy in the World can't both thrive and survive as a Nation.

2. I truly believe the EU is a totally flawed concept and in my lifetime (hopefully around 25 years) it will crash and burn..The Greek economic crisis of a few years ago almost brought down the Euro. The Italian economy which is 10 times bigger is going to fail and will cause massive problems to the Euro at a time when the German economy is nowhere near as strong as it was and they quite understandably will be much less willing/able to provide the crutch to support it. Also there won't be the UK's £8 billion pa to bail them out. IMO the answer will be a collection of 'Super States' within the EU (which I belive we want no part of).with the others relegated to second class, or the whole thing will fall apart. Either way when it does the further away from it we are the better.

We all know we deserve better and we all know we ain't gonna get it!
    Just a couple of points to make on this:
    - Farage is a lying, slimy scumbag. Funded by a shady businessman with links to Russia. He actually might be the one who helps destroy the UK and its constitution. Scotland and NI could easily walk away from the UK. He's a complete idiot who has somehow garnered power with the press to give him a platform he doesn't deserve to spout sh1te. He will get found out at some point.
    - If both sides told lies, then there's cause on itself to hold another referendum. This time with an impartial body to give more accurate information..
    - If we leave with no deal, it won't matter that we are 5th largest economy - we won't be 5th for much longer. Mauritania are the only country in the world that trades on WTO rules. Its GDP is $4.7m - less than what we sold Dawson to Watford for.
    - Our £8bn per year compared to the EU total GDP is a bit like throwing a couple of pennies away on the street.

Nevertheless, we all have and are entitled to our opinions.

I do hope that you are right and I am wrong, and that leaving is the best option available to us. I just can't see how right now..

- Farage is a lying, slimy scumbag. Funded by a shady businessman with links to Russia. He actually might be the one who helps destroy the UK and its constitution. Scotland and NI could easily walk away from the UK. He's a complete idiot who has somehow garnered power with the press to give him a platform he doesn't deserve to spout sh1te. He will get found out at some point.
    - If both sides told lies, then there's cause on itself to hold another referendum. This time with an impartial body to give more accurate information..
    - If we leave with no deal, it won't matter that we are 5th largest economy - we won't be 5th for much longer. Mauritania are the only country in the world that trades on WTO rules. Its GDP is $4.7m - less than what we sold Dawson to Watford for.
    - Our £8bn per year compared to the EU total GDP is a bit like throwing a couple of pennies away on the street.

I do hope that you are right and I am wrong, and that leaving is the best option available to us. I just can't see how right now..

Yawn yawn! The only scumbag is you and a boring one too who spouts complete ****e!

We are leaving with Boris so get the f uck over it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Yawn yawn! The only scumbag is you and a boring one too who spouts complete ****e!

We are leaving with Boris so get the f uck over it!!!
    Ah Village Idiot...it's been a while.

You almost managed a coherent sentence then. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll manage to get there one day soon.

Scotland could easily walk away from the uk.are for f#cking real,have you been to Scotland or worked there I have both,holiday.,when I was a young kid weren’t to bad,worked.there a few times.they f#cking hate us.a poster on here said once when the great billy bassett was in charge there were no Scots at the Albion wonder why.they can leave for me sooner the better,the worst part is the Scots hate the English and they think everyone else should.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    Scotland could easily walk away from the uk.are for f#cking real,have you been to Scotland or worked there I have both,holiday.,when I was a young kid weren’t to bad,worked.there a few times.they f#cking hate us.a poster on here said once when the great billy bassett was in charge there were no Scots at the Albion wonder why.they can leave for me sooner the better,the worst part is the Scots hate the English and they think everyone else should.
    I worked with a lad from Dundee and once he’d had a drink his utter hatred of us English came pouring out.

They do seem to have a real chip on their shoulder about us.

Same in Northern Wales.

Down in West Wales,Cardiff,Swansea and the Valley towns I find the Welsh totally different and very friendly.

I have Northern Irish Protestant acquaintances who once again are very friendly and hospitable but I have no experience of Republicans so I cant pass comment on them.

Possibly it’s those with a determination towards self rule who hold this vitriol towards us.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I worked with a lad from Dundee and once he’d had a drink his utter hatred of us English came pouring out.

They do seem to have a real chip on their shoulder about us.

Same in Northern Wales.

Down in West Wales,Cardiff,Swansea and the Valley towns I find the Welsh totally different and very friendly.

I have Northern Irish Protestant acquaintances who once again are very friendly and hospitable but I have no experience of Republicans so I cant pass comment on them.

Possibly it’s those with a determination towards self rule who hold this vitriol towards us.
    mick I’ve only ever found the southern Irish friendly and a good laugh I worked for a Irish company for a good many years,never felt the need to leave to be honest,but I did for a couple of years but went back ,as they say about green grass .

If the Jocks did get independence it would give our bricklayers a lot of work in building that feckin wall higher!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)