+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big away followings this coming season

Big away followings this coming season

Depending upon how well they're doing we could have large numbers visiting us from

Ipswich, Sunderland, Donk, Cov, Lincoln and possibly Blackpool if their ownership issues are sorted out.
    Decent for Div One with the possibility of some sell outs in the away end at the NYS

Portsmouth too as it's good Friday.

Peterborough may bring high numbers as it's in the Christmas break, and Tranmere as it's tail end of season, so if they are up top end of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Depending upon how well they're doing we could have large numbers visiting us from

Ipswich, Sunderland, Donk, Cov, Lincoln and possibly Blackpool if their ownership issues are sorted out.
    Decent for Div One with the possibility of some sell outs in the away end at the NYS
    Accrington should bring a few also !

lol....

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Accrington should bring a few also !
    What on the same coach?

Biggest for me, Sunderland last game of the season. Hope SYP are ready for this one when it arrives. Talking to a Mackem on holiday recently and he asked me what their entitled to so I quoted 2,800. He laughed and said there would be more than that locked out such is their massive travelling fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What on the same coach?

Biggest for me, Sunderland last game of the season. Hope SYP are ready for this one when it arrives. Talking to a Mackem on holiday recently and he asked me what their entitled to so I quoted 2,800. He laughed and said there would be more than that locked out such is their massive travelling fan base.
    If we're up there with them then we will sell our tickets but if not I say give them more of the ground and let's make the most of what will have been a bad season.

We will be promoted by then.
    They can have second spot 😎

sunderland have messed up big time and can't get out of the third tier.
    If they were in a higher league then they would get a bigger allocation.
    That's their fault.

Can't think of owt worse than letting an opposing team having larger parts of our ground, it's embarrassing. Plus some season ticket holders would have to move. I know we might make a few quid but with the extra policing, stewarding needed it wouldn't be much. Plus like many on here like to spout, we never spend owt anyway.

Wouldn't be saying this would we if it was Wednesday or Donny Rovers in the same position, celebrating promotion and taking up half our ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast