+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Consortium

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. I feel NEP is trying to provoke AH into saying more in a new statement by publishing all of the recent non-stories with a negative slant. Perhaps this is a new way of doing the same. You never know, it might work.
    If you're right, then it just reiterates my point on another thread that (some) journalists are now more concerned with generating drama, speculation and intrigue, rather than reporting facts that keep people informed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If you're right, then it just reiterates my point on another thread that (some) journalists are now more concerned with generating drama, speculation and intrigue, rather than reporting facts that keep people informed.
    Yep, the clickbait world of modern 'journalism'.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, and it has been mentioned several times that the SAs have exclusivity, given the advanced stage of negotiations. It was even mentioned that any future costs incurred had to be put by them first. But these things were mentioned back in May, and now it's nearly July.

Why can't anyone give us an update? They don't have to spill the beans about the identities of the SA consortium - frankly, I don't give a toss who they are - all they have to do is explain what is going on and why the club hasn't been sold yet. Is that too much to ask?

So many things haven't made sense throughout this whole process. The SAs released that statement last month saying basically that they were waiting on Hardy to get his act together, and now Hardy is basically saying he's waiting on the SAs to get their act together.

If the deal was agreed upon, why would it matter that somebody was in hospital? Why would that matter in any situation? Why would Hardy be showing new suitors around the ground? What happened to the whole 'we're just waiting for the lawyers to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's?

I wonder if we'll ever find out what went on these last few weeks and months.
    I just hope that over the past seven weeks since the end of the football season when the fans went home that the club has not been sleep walking towards extinction on the 10th July. At the opposite end of the scale it maybe the date of it's rebirth with a sale going through.

I think for the fans it's the not knowing whats happening and the uncertainty behind it all.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    That would be another explanation which could allay concerns, but if that's the case, then the Nottingham Post report isn't helping anyone. The report uses the words "new consortium", so I hope they've checked their facts before using such terminology.
    He seems 'almost' sure that they're 'new' on the webchat just now:

"they are a new consortium and are not connected to the SA group as far as I understand it."

He seems 'almost' sure that they're 'new' on the webchat just now:

"they are a new consortium and are not connected to the SA group as far as I understand it."
    We'll have to take his word for it then. In which case, the next question is how long have these new bidders been in negotiations before they were spotted on their ground tour? If this club is going to make it beyond 10 July without going into administration or being liquidated, then these guys or the South Africans need to complete their purchase before then.

PS. I would also want to be sure that any apparent 'new' bidders on the scene do not have any illicit ties with the Alex May/Kapinyanka consortium. Never underestimate the tricks people will try to get what they want!

I wouldn't bet on it. I feel NEP is trying to provoke AH into saying more in a new statement by publishing all of the recent non-stories with a negative slant. Perhaps this is a new way of doing the same. You never know, it might work.
    More or less what I was saying on another fred, swale. Their latest articles with their craftily placed quotation marks do not paint a pretty picture of the goings on at Meadow lane, nor does presenting re-hashed "news" as if it were a scoop by Scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    More or less what I was saying on another fred, swale. Their latest articles with their craftily placed quotation marks do not paint a pretty picture of the goings on at Meadow lane, nor does presenting re-hashed "news" as if it were a scoop by Scoop.
    I don't know if this applies to Scoop or not, but the problem with the type of journalism you describe is that it undermines all journalism. We now live in an era when people have no idea which reports to trust and which reports to disregard, and the net result is increasingly that people distrust everything. A case of "tin hat" syndrome it may be, but if the media want to understand where that came from, they need to look at themselves just as much as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If he had the capacity to sort it out he wouldn't have got into this mess in the first place.
    Business people never use their own money....Always someone else's....

Does anyone know that the 'new consortium' isn't just part of the SA consortium?
    Yo Swale. If the SA deal doesn't work out, which I think now seems likely, will you be able to reveal all with a ceremonial 'here's what you could have won' moment?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yo Swale. If the SA deal doesn't work out, which I think now seems likely, will you be able to reveal all with a ceremonial 'here's what you could have won' moment?
    Haha maybe! Would you have preferred the caravan or the speedboat though?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast