+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: New Consortium

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    To my mind, Russell King is the worst thing to have ever happened to Notts County Football Club, because his actions were pre-meditated and his intent was entirely malicious.

I would put Albert Scardino, Ray Trew and Alan Hardy into a different category as people who set out with good intentions but then made several seriously flawed decisions and ultimately damaged the club badly. However, I don't think any of those three set out with a malicious intent to do so.

So, malice of forethought would be the distinguishing factor for me at this point, but if Alan Hardy ultimately did oversee the liquidation of the club, then by definition he would have to go down as the worst thing to happen, because he would have been the final and fatal thing. I sincerely hope for his sake and ours that it doesn't come to that.
    If you believe that you'll believe anything....

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    I have been all "fun and games" and positive with regards of the takeover.
    Unfortunately I have heard today that the "SA" consortium withdrew their bid on Wednesday.
    That's all I know and I'm really worried now.
    No idea on this "Danish" bid if it is real or not.
    My tomato sauce has said Hardy will be still with us next season but with a "minor" backer.
    If that were true, surely the press would have reported it, considering they'be apparently been on the verge of signing the club for months now. I assume that if their interest in the club is over, NDAs are no longer in place, and we can finally find out who they are actually were.

As someone else has said, all this friend-of-a-friend gossip doesn't really help matters, but it's inevitable in the absence of any real information from the club.

I can accept that we were relegated (we deserved to be), and I would even be able to accept going into admin and getting picked up by some loony or crook (I no longer have any optimism when it comes to Notts), but I cannot accept the way the club has treated the fans these last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    If that were true, surely the press would have reported it, considering they'be apparently been on the verge of signing the club for months now. I assume that if their interest in the club is over, NDAs are no longer in place, and we can finally find out who they are actually were.

As someone else has said, all this friend-of-a-friend gossip doesn't really help matters, but it's inevitable in the absence of any real information from the club.

I can accept that we were relegated (we deserved to be), and I would even be able to accept going into admin and getting picked up by some loony or crook (I no longer have any optimism when it comes to Notts), but I cannot accept the way the club has treated the fans these last few months.
    Agreed !

Totally agree. Having spent a small fortune last season following the team up and down the country. (43 lge games). I cant help feeling very let down at the clubs recent behaviour towards its fans. It certainly makes you realise where you stand in the scheme of things.

I assume that if their interest in the club is over, NDAs are no longer in place, and we can finally find out who they are actually were.
    It's normal practise for the termination clause of an NDA to specify that any number of confidentiality obligations shall survive the end date of the agreement itself, perhaps even into perpetuity. I'm afraid your assumption is not necessarily valid.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    It's normal practise for the termination clause of an NDA to specify that any number of confidentiality obligations shall survive the end date of the agreement itself, perhaps even into perpetuity. I'm afraid your assumption is not necessarily valid.
    Maybe, but there are also people who apparently know the identities of the SAs who aren't part of the negotiations. I assume the only reason they haven't spoken up is because they've been asked not to, not because of some legal mechanism. So one way or another, if the SAs are no longer interested, we should find out who they are.

What a way to treat loyal and devoted fans. Hardy deserves to be on the streets. I agree about this " friend of a friend" crap. I can read between the lines however. I have been involved professionally in takeovers and acquisitions. My gut feeling is Notts will not see the end of next season. Maybe not even the start. I don't want to be so negative but all the signs are there. Bring back debtor's prisons and stick Alan "pants on fire" in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    What a way to treat loyal and devoted fans. Hardy deserves to be on the streets. I agree about this " friend of a friend" crap. I can read between the lines however. I have been involved professionally in takeovers and acquisitions. My gut feeling is Notts will not see the end of next season. Maybe not even the start. I don't want to be so negative but all the signs are there. Bring back debtor's prisons and stick Alan "pants on fire" in one.
    I'm in agreement with you, the bell end has played enough games and lost them all. I too have very grave doubts about the future, just look at Torquay, York and Stockport. On a positive note the pies are excellent at Alfreton Town's ground.

On another positive note I am so battered by all this crap that I don't give a flying fart anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    On another positive note I am so battered by all this crap that I don't give a flying fart anymore.

Join the ever growing club.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314