+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jagielka trains with us

Jagielka trains with us

I’m sure this is how Joey Barton came to us initially,

Who’s for or against ? signing obviously not just training 🤔

Seeing as Gibson is out of favour, and with Leicester looking likely to lose Maguire we would most likely sell them Tarky, so Jag would be a quick (and more importantly) cheap replacement

It is how Barton came to us, its the Burnley way to sneak a player in. He wouldn't be my first choice but for free and minimal wages he will add valuable experienced cover for us.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    It is how Barton came to us, its the Burnley way to sneak a player in. He wouldn't be my first choice but for free and minimal wages he will add valuable experienced cover for us.
    This is Fantastic News,....Never in my wildest dreams, Could I imagine someone of that Ilk playing for us....Garlic you are a Genius !!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

Who’s for or against ? signing obviously not just training 🤔
    wasn't completely sure - Army....well, that said, I had a good idea but needed more, so went to those that'd know best - Evertonians.

Gave us his all and I thank him for that, but sadly it's time to wish him well in his next endeavours. He's simply too old and slow to be effective at this level.

....He has given his best years to this club and is only leaving as father time has closed the book.

Very good player in earlier years.....

Been a great player for the club. Think its the right time for him to go though. He's still a good enough player to play at a decent level, not right he'd spend another season sitting on the bench.

The right decision in my opinion. Been a top notch Evertonian but time to move on. We can't play that sentimental card and progress at the same time.

Great time to go for the man. Excellent part of the team, arrived my first year of supporting Everton. Hopefully he will get offered a spot at an MLS team for another year or 2 if he still wants to play....

A credit to Everton,football and himself,Played the game in the proper manner,fair and square and honest as the day is long,good luck and Thanks Jags lad.

Thanks for your service and efforts , Jags ..... Well past his prime , best for him + club to part ways !

etc etc.

So - have fun.....Training !

I have no worries about him, our defensive set up is so solid I could play centre-half for us and you'd never notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I have no worries about him, our defensive set up is so solid I could play centre-half for us and you'd never notice the difference.
    A balding, pot bellied centre half with a ladder and a paint brush playing alongside Ben Mee, I'm bloody certain I would notice the difference!

Has somebody spotted his Zimmer frame parked up outside Gawthorpe Hall ?

Easy mistake to make Alf.

That wasn't a Zimmer frame that was Peter Crouch.

Looks like we are forming a team of veterans , I wonder who will be next.? Ashy...lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)