+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh no!

Oh no!

Could DT's move to Celtic be back on??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48712448

It's a shame to lose some value on our sell on but 3m remains a good deal and fair play to DT for squeezing as much as he could from them.

Seems David Turnbull will decide and not Celtic....fair play to him, and us still getting 3.25m

Norwich would have been the better destination for DT in my view, but the choice is his. However, he will have to put some shift in to win over a lot of Celtic fans as they will see his actions as making it clear he was signing for money not “for the love of the club” as they seem to think all should automatically feel. Celtic have painted a target on his back for their boo boys by a) their petulant tweet reacting to his initial refusal; b) the media interview with Brown and c) the media interview with Kennedy. A series of very bad decisions by whoever is running their PR. If I was Lawell I would sack them for gross incompetence. They have created a very difficult situation for their newest signing.
    Anyway, good luck David. You did the best thing for Motherwell when you signed the January contract extension and I -and many others - enjoyed watching you in Claret and Amber.

Hes having a medical as I post this

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    Norwich would have been the better destination for DT in my view, but the choice is his. However, he will have to put some shift in to win over a lot of Celtic fans as they will see his actions as making it clear he was signing for money not “for the love of the club” as they seem to think all should automatically feel. Celtic have painted a target on his back for their boo boys by a) their petulant tweet reacting to his initial refusal; b) the media interview with Brown and c) the media interview with Kennedy. A series of very bad decisions by whoever is running their PR. If I was Lawell I would sack them for gross incompetence. They have created a very difficult situation for their newest signing.
    Anyway, good luck David. You did the best thing for Motherwell when you signed the January contract extension and I -and many others - enjoyed watching you in Claret and Amber.
    They will love him. Barring injury he will be the best Scottish player we have produced in 40 years.

Nuff said on this now - thanks for the memories son, and thanks for the £3.25M.

Move along ... nothing else to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Nuff said on this now - thanks for the memories son, and thanks for the £3.25M.

Move along ... nothing else to see here!
    Couldn't agree more. He's moved on and so should we. Bye bye

You'll be able to see him 10th August unless another twist

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    You'll be able to see him 10th August unless another twist
    Did I miss the obligatory PR / media pic of DT in a Celtic strip? After all the to - ing ang fro - ing the actual signing seems to have happened a bit under the radar?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)