+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Partick thistle takeover

Partick thistle takeover

Chein and his gang are in advance talks with partick thistle in the takeover of the club what the Fks going on?????

Apologies in advance for the source of the link .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-takeover.html

Owners have had 3 meetings and at advanced stage with Partick Thistle. Want to get Partick using Barnsleys scouting way of thinking and possibly work players between clubs

Bloody weird bunch if you ask me , enough brass to buy Real Madrid , Barcelona , PSG and Bayern Munich and still have enough change to buy the two Manchester clubs .

Instead they own us and Partick Thistle , tha couldn't mek it up .

Very " Nice " !! Ope it stays fine forrum , "scattaguns "

Not impressed , starting a job , and finishing the job , seemingly doesn't apply to these people , What is there interest ? Obviously making more money , nothing for the fans of any of these clubs to get excited about is there ?

Don’t believe it for a minute, nothing in it for them

Hope Thistle fans don't get too excited about this. They don't get to be billionaires by spending lots of money on players and their wages. First thing they'll do is start asset stripping to get their money back.

The takeover of Partick Thistle by an international consortium faces EFL block
    The consortium also own Barnsley and will breach English dual ownership rules
    There are however examples where written consent can be sought by the EFL
    Plans by the wealthy international consortium who own Barnsley and OGC Nice to take control of Partick Thistle breach dual ownership rules set down by the English Football League.

Chinese American billionaire Chien Lee and American businessman Paul Conway are co-chairmen of English Championship Barnsley, where their NewCity Capital Investment firm hold an 80 per cent stake.

And, Sportsmail has learned the consortium have now persuaded major shareholders to sell them 55 per cent of SPFL Championship club Partick and use the Glasgow club as a feeder outfit.

The takeover of Partick Thistle by an international consortium faces an EFL road block
    With negotiations now at an advanced stage Conway travelled to Glasgow on Tuesday for further discussions.

However, the deal must overcome hurdles set down by the EFL to prevent one club - or individuals in charge of a club - controlling or having a major say in another British side without written consent.

Sections 10 and 11 of English Football League regulations 'prohibit one club controlling another and individuals, either alone or with others, having interests in or influence over more than one club.' The rules also state that no club may be a 'nursery club' for another.

The EFL refuse to comment on specific examples but told Sportsmail there are circumstances where the written consent of the Board can be sought.

After buying French club Nice New City Capital obtained league approval to take control of Barnsley in 2017.

And to purchase a controlling stake in Thistle further clearance will be needed from both the EFL and the Scottish FA.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley obtained SFA permission to take a 10 per cent financial stake in Rangers - but faced charges from the governing body when he tried to install his own directors on the Ibrox board.

Conway declined to comment when contacted by Sportsmail.

Partick Thistle also remain tight-lipped on the potential buy-out, insisting it's business as usual at Firhill.

Manager Gary Caldwell also insists he is 'excited' by the prospect of a takeover and has no concerns over the new owners installing their own management team.

'I'm excited if something happens and it's beneficial for the club but I don't worry about it - I believe in myself and the qualities I have to do the job.

'And if someone came in I believe they would see those qualities and keep me in board but of course if something does change then there's possibilities that change could happen.

'The one thing I'll say about this club is the honesty and when things need to be said then I'll be told and we can deal with it as a football club.

'This is the best board I've worked with by a long way in their strategic approach to everything and open and honest way they deal with everything.

'There's a board meeting every four or five weeks where I find out everything about the club and I have to give them an update on the football side of things.

'But as yet I haven't heard anything so it's speculation. It's a busy period with double sessions and recruitment so it's long days and that's the focus.'

Paul Goodwin of the Scottish Football Supporter Association - a Thistle supporter - last night called on the Firhill board to break their silence over the club's future saying: 'The concern for Thistle fans is that folks who have held that shareholding who are no longer involved in running out club have made the decision that could have a major impact of the future of the club we all love.

The consortium also own Barnsley and will breach English dual ownership rules
    'We the ordinary shareholder or the fans with a block of 30% of the shares have been left in the dark with no idea what is going on and no chance to even debate what might be best for our club.

'It is understandable that the current board have had difficulty talking about speculation as they are bound by legalities and have to remain neutral in circumstances like this.

'However, the group who want to buy our club must surely have thought about the existing shareholders and the ordinary fans. Surely if what they are selling is so good and exciting then why not start by talking to the most important folk in all of this - the fans?'