+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossley

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Well that certainly says a lot.
    It does indeed, on face value at least.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It does indeed, on face value at least.
    I don’t know him really well but I get the impression the only reason he would leave Notts is if he thought the very worst was about to happen?

I don’t know him really well but I get the impression the only reason he would leave Notts is if he thought the very worst was about to happen?
    That would be the worry. Although it could be the case that the cricket club have simply made him a very good offer and look a more stable environment. I suppose most people given a choice between certainty and uncertainty would probably go for the former, especially if they've got family responsibilities. It's when you start adding various departures together that the alarm bells really start to ring. Have I got tinnitus?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    That would be the worry. Although it could be the case that the cricket club have simply made him a very good offer and look a more stable environment. I suppose most people given a choice between certainty and uncertainty would probably go for the former, especially if they've got family responsibilities. It's when you start adding various departures together that the alarm bells really start to ring. Have I got tinnitus?
    Don’t know about your tinnitus, I’ve got a big hump growing on my back!

Last one out turn off the lights...

Leaving a non league football team to work at an established, organised and well run international sports venue in the same city?? Sounds like a no brainer to me.....I'd make the same switch and take a paycut due to the potential avenues it can open up!

Don’t know about your tinnitus, I’ve got a big hump growing on my back!
    Give my regards to Esmeralda!

You wouldn't be the only one with a hunch around here. The question is, whose hunch is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunks5 View Post
    About time too. Nothing to do with history. Did you see any improvements in our goalkeepers during his time at Notts? Because I'm sure that I didn't!!
    Fitz definitely improved on his early season form, it got to a stage where he was the only player coming out of games with any credit and nobody was complaining about him, then he "relapsed" and had an awful game where he was at fault for about 3 goals and went back to being useless until he was replaced.

So yes, he absolutely improved, Crossley of course can't take any credit for that though because he used to play for Forest.

Just like nobody ever praised Chettle for his work with the U23 team despite everyone raving about how great they were and how they should all be in the first team whenever they saw a result

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Fitz definitely improved on his early season form, it got to a stage where he was the only player coming out of games with any credit and nobody was complaining about him, then he "relapsed" and had an awful game where he was at fault for about 3 goals and went back to being useless until he was replaced.

So yes, he absolutely improved, Crossley of course can't take any credit for that though because he used to play for Forest.

Just like nobody ever praised Chettle for his work with the U23 team despite everyone raving about how great they were and how they should all be in the first team whenever they saw a result
    Agreed.

Now if Lynn was to leave. that would concern me more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast