+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket prices

The lack of transparency must be killing the club at the moment. How many more season tickets have we shifted since making the “1,500 sold” last month? I’ll be amazed if it’s more than 100.

I also assume it’s the Etete money that’s keeping us afloat the moment, and that the deal stressed the need for as much cash as possible upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They've announced season tickets are remaining at the lower price. Does this mean the takeover is close? Or am I reading too much into it? You wouldn't announce that if you weren't close?

You're reading too much into it. Sales are down, no prospect of an upturn until Hardy leaves, chronic cash flow I suspect, nothing more than a begging letter.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Spot on, who would be crazy enough to buy a season ticket when there's still a chance we could be liquidated!
    Me and my Sister.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    You're reading too much into it. Sales are down, no prospect of an upturn until Hardy leaves, chronic cash flow I suspect, nothing more than a begging letter.
    I don't see that personally. Surely they are not that stupid to think people are waiting for anything else other than a change of ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    The lack of transparency must be killing the club at the moment. How many more season tickets have we shifted since making the “1,500 sold” last month? I’ll be amazed if it’s more than 100.

I also assume it’s the Etete money that’s keeping us afloat the moment, and that the deal stressed the need for as much cash as possible upfront.
    I am sure Etete does not sign officially until July 1st if memory serves me well so no cash yet.

Probably just needed to tell the IT guy whether to update the system for season ticket prices by end of next week. As no-one in charge around to actually make a decision the default is to leave it as it is. Oh and seeing as we are leaving it alone we had better announce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I am sure Etete does not sign officially until July 1st if memory serves me well so no cash yet.

And we can’t use Wonga anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I don't see that personally. Surely they are not that stupid to think people are waiting for anything else other than a change of ownership?
    I've no inside knowledge but in the absence of sales and positive news all that's left is the continued discount to try to woo a couple of dozen sales.
    Hope you're right and it's all going on behind the scenes but I don't believe the discount is at the behest of any consortium.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I've no inside knowledge but in the absence of sales and positive news all that's left is the continued discount to try to woo a couple of dozen sales.
    Hope you're right and it's all going on behind the scenes but I don't believe the discount is at the behest of any consortium.
    I see your point, I just think it's a bit odd for the current owner to basically force a position on the new owners? They could have extended it again for a little while but they confirmed that these prices are now set. Makes me think something is happening. I don't know anything, just to state that but it's a very odd thing to do mid takeover if nothing is set to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Me and my Sister.
    You'd be entitled to a husband and wife season ticket at Mansfield.

I really doubt that Notts have sold anywhere near 1,500 Season Tickets. I was a big fan of Alan Hardy, we are even connected on Linkedin , but I don't trust anything he says or does now.

I think the 1,500 announcement was just a ploy to get all the previous season's ticket holders who were doubting the cause to go out and buy.

My one serious question is that all those who said we had a serious bidder for the club in the 'SA Consortium', where did YOU get your information from? Was it just through the press and forums - this is a genuine question, as I believed all the hype too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast