+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Back to square one

Back to square one

A bit of deja vu about it all don’t know what to think about it all is he Judas or trying to better he self Personally i think he ourt to have chosen a better club

We rarely have stability and an optimistic summer break, looking forward to the next season.
    If it's not Sequentia Capital supposedly taking over, it's John Ryan trying to partner up with Louis Tomlinson to take over, or Ferguson suddenly resigning last year, and now it's McCann resigning this year.

Don't the fans have a right to be fed up just when things were looking good?

The annoying thing about McCann is that he was so critical of senior players who would not accept pay cuts. He did not thank them for their service or wish them all luck. He accused them of holding the club to ransom.
    He just said the club would find better players to replace them.
    And then half way through re-organising our new team for next year he has the cheek to walk away for money himself leaving us in a mess. I may have had a lot of respect for his ability as a manager, but I have no respect for the man now.

If the club employs Wellens as manager I don't think we can sink much lower.

.... and what was all that salary parity all about? It would mean overpaid 19 and 20 year olds and underpaid 30 year olds. Name one club in the EFL where all players are on the same salary. A player with 10 years experience is worth more than a newbie. The concept is utter lunacy.

Surprised and sad to see McCann leave after such a short (and successful) stay. He must have had his reasons. Blame Hull City for the timing. Not sure they will be the answer to his dreams, however.... Darren Moore looks like a good replacement, but seems to have plenty of work on his hands getting a decent team together in time for the start of the new season...

Last season was bound to be tough one with Barnsley, Charlton, Portsmouth and Sunderland all in the mix, and then we had Luton come in and have back-to-back promotions and take up the top 5 slots. Rovers were the “best of the rest”, only just.

This season will be another tough season with Rotherham, Ipswich, Sunderland and Portsmouth all most likely to be in the top 6. And I have seen many good players signed up by opposing teams and have time to settle in, so without some sort of a miracle it means that we probably won’t get a look in at a top 6 slot. The players we have signed so far are no way near good enough and the clock is ticking to the first game. Signing academy players is all very nice but they won’t get us into the playoffs. Darren Moore is certainly the fans’ choice but he will have to work fast to get some first rate signings in if he thinks we can compete with Rotherham, Ipswich, Sunderland and Portsmouth (who are all in a different class). For me, Lincoln, Burton, Coventry or even Gillingham could grab the remaining 2 playoff places.

We let Rowe, Butler and Marosi go, and we can’t expect the luck of getting another Wilks and Kane. I suspect even (do-as-I-say,-not-as-I-do) McCann wouldn’t have been able to get us into the playoffs again. Following McCann’s philosophy we need a good start and get into the top 6 within 6 weeks and stay there for the rest of the season. We’ll see.

Another interesting season ahead sounds like the majority of fans got what they wanted in Darren Moore so we will have to see I can’t see us ving for promotion but you never know we will have to see who he brings in RTID

We can't beat Halifax or Grimsby. No doubt some fans will say they are just friendlies, but they are friendlies to the other sides who managed to draw or win against us. Moore needs some damn good signings and fast or we will be off to a bad start in 2 weeks time and probably will never recover. Even Moore must wonder what he has adopted when we are playing this badly, at a time when the players should be out to impress the manager!