+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Right Now My Biggest Concern

Right Now My Biggest Concern

Sat on the beach beer in hand, the girls have a glass of fizz, just been given a burger off the barbie watching the sun go down over Worthing pier 10 miles away.

Major topic of conversation amongst the blokes?

Brexit? Too heavy for a Friday night

England Cricket Team? Seen it all before.

The Albion? Down here that means Brighton. No one interested.

It is VAR and just how much of a disaster it will be for English Football next season

I have to agree. I don't think that it will enhance the game at all, in fact I feel that it will be detrimental. As far as I'm concerned it should only be used to eradicate the real blunders and not to strike a goal off because a player's foot was 6 inches off side. It will stop the flow of the game and lead to just as many arguements as it supposed to solve. Players make mistakes and so do officials, it's why we love the game.

I am in principle of VAR but I think the implementation rules go far to far. I thought it was originally there to stop the many howlers which were costing teams unfairly.

However we are now seeing decisions overturned for the minutest thing which if anything is ruining the game. What we need is some common sense but as usual, especially where football in concerned, common sense is not a commodity found very often.

Regarding VAR.

Are big t I t s a disadvantage?

If said pair of melons are in an offside position will the decision be given?

If it’s cold and the nipples are as erect as organ stops it’s a further problem?

Imagine the pundit discussion afterward.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)