+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The unknown

The unknown

By this I’m asking can any of the players we have who don’t feature regularly make the step up and be like a new signing this year ?
    Here’s a few
    Wells
    Vydra
    Gibson
    Brady

Reality is 2/3 there could be like new signings if Sean can get something out of them , what do we think is it doable or are they lost leader s who we need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    By this I’m asking can any of the players we have who don’t feature regularly make the step up and be like a new signing this year ?
    Here’s a few
    Wells
    Vydra
    Gibson
    Brady

Reality is 2/3 there could be like new signings if Sean can get something out of them , what do we think is it doable or are they lost leader s who we need to move on.
    The way things are going, They all could unfortunately ..

I've watched Vydra on the odd occasions he has played, "Headless Chicken Syndrome" springs to mind.

Wells is a good standard Championship player, that's where he should have been left.

Gibson is good enough, but not better than Tarkowski or Mee. When we cash in on Tarkowski, Gibson will walk straight in and do the job.

Brady is the enigma for me. Absolutely has the talent, but his physicality lets him down, he is too easily injured which seems to knock his confidence and mentality.

Having said all of that, I thought Westwood was a complete waste of money, but he was probably our best player last season. Best leave it with SD methinks.

Gibson and Brady could certainly feature for us, it takes a stretch of the imagination to say the same about the other two, both firmly in the 'wtf have we signed him for' category.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)