+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Leaving politics aside...

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No, the latter does have occasional uses.
    Some memory you've got Grist

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Might not be to your taste, or many others with the gen pub, but I think that the performance of a leader in such pressurised debates, ability to think on their feet, justify their history is very useful to those that have a vote.As was revealed when May's team wouldn't put her forward in live debates in 2017, you could eventually see why, and her weakness and many would agree that her weakness as a leader was exposed.
    Agreed came home to roost

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Labour should be happy if Boris gets in. They will then have more chance in a general election.

But only if they replace Corbyn with Burnham first.
    Just demonstrates how **** this country is if we have Corbyn and Johnson as the two main leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Might not be to your taste, or many others with the gen pub, but I think that the performance of a leader in such pressurised debates, ability to think on their feet, justify their history is very useful to those that have a vote.As was revealed when May's team wouldn't put her forward in live debates in 2017, you could eventually see why, and her weakness and many would agree that her weakness as a leader was exposed.
    Reminds of when Labour parachuted Sarah Champion in as their candidate to be our MP, they wouldn't let her speak either.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Reminds of when Labour parachuted Sarah Champion in as their candidate to be our MP, they wouldn't let her speak either.
    I’ve known Sarah from before she was an MP. My line of work crossed with bluebell wood several times and I know why she suddenly became an MP.
    So I’d be interested to know why you feel she was parachuted in?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’ve known Sarah from before she was an MP. My line of work crossed with bluebell wood several times and I know why she suddenly became an MP.
    So I’d be interested to know why you feel she was parachuted in?
    Labour party members in Rotherham protested against the decision to field an "outside" candidate in the forthcoming byelection by staging a mass walkout from the final selection meeting.

At least 60 card-carrying members stormed out of the meeting on Tuesday night, furious that Labour central command had shunned local hopefuls, including the favourite, popular town councillor Mahroof Hussain.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...test-rotherham

Of course the real tragedy here is that Boris Johnson will become PM because of the collective abject failure of parliament to deliver what the majority of the electorate voted for .

It's debatable whether Johnson would have survived more than a couple of rounds in the Tory leadership contest had we left the EU when we should have done .

The collection of democracy deniers , euromaniacs , GE desirers and self servers within Parliament have all voted for Johnson indirectly as much as the Tory membership will most likely do directly .

It doesn't sit right with me that I have to rely on detestable creatures such as Johnson and Farage to deliver on a democratic victory that I voted for and have to vote for the former in a Euro election .

There should be a sense of shame within the Labour movement that thousands of their rock solid voters felt the same way .

If the electorate of North Somerset had voted for Scargill instead of Mogg it would be a decent comparison .

Johnson will take this country out of the EU on October 31st there's very little doubt in my mind that eventuality will occur , one way or another .

Parliament better get it's self acquainted with that fact , the euromaniacs , political game players and the remainiacs within the general population too .

Whether he survives much past that is open for debate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Of course the real tragedy here is that Boris Johnson will become PM because of the collective abject failure of parliament to deliver what the majority of the electorate voted for .

It's debatable whether Johnson would have survived more than a couple of rounds in the Tory leadership contest had we left the EU when we should have done .

The collection of democracy deniers , euromaniacs , GE desirers and self servers within Parliament have all voted for Johnson indirectly as much as the Tory membership will most likely do directly .

It doesn't sit right with me that I have to rely on detestable creatures such as Johnson and Farage to deliver on a democratic victory that I voted for and have to vote for the former in a Euro election .

There should be a sense of shame within the Labour movement that thousands of their rock solid voters felt the same way .

If the electorate of North Somerset had voted for Scargill instead of Mogg it would be a decent comparison .

Johnson will take this country out of the EU on October 31st there's very little doubt in my mind that eventuality will occur , one way or another .

Parliament better get it's self acquainted with that fact , the euromaniacs , political game players and the remainiacs within the general population too .

Whether he survives much past that is open for debate .
    Why not take responsiblity yourself and admit you voted the country into this mess.

He's right you know Animal
    How come when you put your little X on the ballot paper you didn't recognise that a PM would resign at once in a fine example of cowardice,
    the next PM would make the most monumenal c0ck up of negotiations & go down in history as the worst PM ever
    The two major parties would perform like numpties over three years
    That dozens of cabinet ministers would resign / be sacked during the ensuing three years
    That over 500 MP.s would vote to trigger Article 50 [nobody forced them]
    The Tory party would put forward a dozen candidates for PM ,none of whom you would employ as a car park attendant [apologies to those for the analogy] resulting in the final two [mumps or measles eh?]
    In conclusion the one thing your little X did was to show how totally unfit for purpose the majority of our politicins are
    Yes sirree it's all your fault
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 25-06-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast