+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: as serious lack of activity in the transfer market

as serious lack of activity in the transfer market

....I was optimistic when we signed Macdonald, very early on.....but now it seems things have gone quiet.

" We couldn't get it over the line"

True, but don't forget: "Lessons have been learned".

Incoming

I think it's quiet all over english football to be honest , bits of business here and there but it's not really got going yet .

That said most of the free agents are still under contract until the 30th of this month .

The one that did catch my eye was Pompey's Matt Clarke leaving for Brighton for £4.7m which is phenomenal money for a lad from League One .

Peterborough seem to be making good signings. Pym and Kent from league 2 who are good young players and the striker from Bristol City. We seem to be miles off the pace when compared to them atm.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Peterborough seem to be making good signings. Pym and Kent from league 2 who are good young players and the striker from Bristol City. We seem to be miles off the pace when compared to them atm.
    Peterborough always seem on paper at least to make decent signings almost every summer , start the season like a house on fire only to fall away after xmas .

I'd expect Pompey to reinvest the majority of the money from the sale of Clarke back in to the squad from what I was reading yesterday which given the size of the club gives them a fair bit of clout for the new season ahead .

I know Jackett isn't particularly well thought of at Rotherham which is understandable but he's a canny operator at this level with a record to prove it .

The top six should be a shoeing for Rotherham but to get top two may need some good work in the market to fend off Ipswich , Pompey and possibly Sunderland .

The last time I looked the season didn't start for another 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think it's quiet all over english football to be honest , bits of business here and there but it's not really got going yet .

That said most of the free agents are still under contract until the 30th of this month .

The one that did catch my eye was Pompey's Matt Clarke leaving for Brighton for £4.7m which is phenomenal money for a lad from League One .
    Stop spoiling it for them that like to moan Animal

The pessimist sees a tunnel, the optimist sees a light at the end of the tunnel, the realist sees a train coming.

And some people are just attention seekers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast