+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: as serious lack of activity in the transfer market

Forest made their first signing.
    Ameobi from Bolton.
    Fans not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I think it's quiet all over english football to be honest , bits of business here and there but it's not really got going yet .

That said most of the free agents are still under contract until the 30th of this month .

The one that did catch my eye was Pompey's Matt Clarke leaving for Brighton for £4.7m which is phenomenal money for a lad from League One .
    Is that the big clumsy kid who played at Huddersfield and then Preston?

Yes, but the incoming looks like Jordan williams from Rochdale. This must be from list Z.

Quote Originally Posted by portsmouthmiller View Post
    Yes, but the incoming looks like Jordan williams from Rochdale. This must be from list Z.
    Who? Never heard of him before!

Full name
    Michael Jordan Williams[1]
    Date of birth
    6 November 1995 (age 23)[2]
    Place of birth
    Bangor, Wales
    Height
    6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)[3]
    Playing position
    Midfielder / Defender
    Club information
    Current team
    Rochdale
    Number

Just checked - archetypal " midfielder who never scores", although he did get a few at non-league level. Plus we can re-use the Ryan Williams shirt and number! Waste not , want not. Replacement for Potter? (let's hope he has better luck with injuries)

Love the optimism Mike. I'm stunned, but I admit to saying that to a couple of the great strikers who turned out good.

If true, good luck to him. Just a bit worried about where any goals are going to come from. No harm in having more than one Potter-type player though , given the injuries and suspensions that you are likely to get playing in the old "engine room" in League One.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-06-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Just checked - archetypal " midfielder who never scores", although he did get a few at non-league level. Plus we can re-use the Ryan Williams shirt and number! Waste not , want not. Replacement for Potter? (let's hope he has better luck with injuries)
    They had two players with the same name.
    One is a winger and was apparently released at the end of the 18/19 season and went to Fylde.
    The other one can play midfield or centre half who was signed from Liverpool last summer and is contracted for another year. If he's the one we are after I assume there will be a fee involved?

Just checked - in a Barnsley v Rochdale game August 2018, three were THREE Jordan Williams playing - two for Rochale, one for Barnsley.
    Well, that's the terrace chant sorted out... three Jordan Williams, there's only three Jordan Williams
    The other Rochdale one is a winger... who never scores
    Nowt on RUFC Official site about it yet
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-06-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast