+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fixtures, new strips, anyone?

Fixtures, new strips, anyone?

No-one got any thoughts? Why couldn't they have given us Plymouth away in August, and not wasted the Morecambe trip on the winter - again? Unusual to be playing he Vale as far into the season as November, but going there again in the late march early April window isn't. Newport not exactly a big Good Friday draw, and then we're away again on Boxing Day - at flash boys Salford city!

People saying on Facebook the new home strip is "bland", but I think I prefer to say "classic". The away one - bit jazzy, may grow on me I suppose, but I'm more likely to buy the home if I buy this year.

A pretty tough start but then they're all tough games.

I like both kits. Home looks plain from distance but I like the subtle detail upon closer inspection:
    Name:  D9r03qGXkAAeRcj.jpg large.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  83.8 KB
    (Photo from FBT Europe)
    The more I look at the away the more it grows on me.
    The pink/purple GK top is quite loud but then these colours seem to be coming more into the fore for other teams in recent years.

Also, very outgoing Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has said Crewe have been in touch regarding Callum Cooke but a deal is way off at the moment. I wonder if he would be a replacement for Kirk as I previously alluded to or is this a real statement of intent from us. Would really like to see him back.
    Last edited by luke_358; 23-06-2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: added photo creds