+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Albums that you did not like at ll when you first heard them but

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s because you can’t hurry love
    Thats maybe Grist, but its a more groovy kind when it finally gets here

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    I have a few:

The KLF - Chill Out
    On first listen this sounds like background noise and seems to make no sense. In fact, it is ambient genius and logical to the core. The best ambient album ever made in my humble opinion. This gets regular airplay on my turntable.

Electric Six - Senor Smoke
    The follow up to their big mainstream album ‘Fire’ was almost a concept album, but had too much to live up to. Over time however, this album is very well crafted ‘throwaway rock’ which predicts the future quite well.

Global Communication - 76:14
    If you have had a heavy day and just need to unwind - play this. You may think it boring drivel, but as music for the mind, it is sublime. The use of a ticking grandfather clock as a rhythm track is just phenomenal.

Radiohead - Kid A
    This may be an obvious one, but following ‘OK Computer’ was not an enviable task. This is a hard first listen, mainly due to how different it is from its predecessor. However, eventually the nuances and concepts shine through - arguably their masterpiece.

Biosphere - Substrata
    Another ambient album, but more than highly recommended. The first few listens passed me by, but deeper listening rewards the senses beyond expectation.
    Not really a fan of ambient albums. I would rather bang on war of the worlds with the lights out and listen to what for me is one of the best albums in the world ever!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Not really a fan of ambient albums. I would rather bang on war of the worlds with the lights out and listen to what for me is one of the best albums in the world ever!
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    I have a few:

The KLF - Chill Out
    On first listen this sounds like background noise and seems to make no sense. In fact, it is ambient genius and logical to the core. The best ambient album ever made in my humble opinion. This gets regular airplay on my turntable.

Electric Six - Senor Smoke
    The follow up to their big mainstream album ‘Fire’ was almost a concept album, but had too much to live up to. Over time however, this album is very well crafted ‘throwaway rock’ which predicts the future quite well.

Global Communication - 76:14
    If you have had a heavy day and just need to unwind - play this. You may think it boring drivel, but as music for the mind, it is sublime. The use of a ticking grandfather clock as a rhythm track is just phenomenal.

Radiohead - Kid A
    This may be an obvious one, but following ‘OK Computer’ was not an enviable task. This is a hard first listen, mainly due to how different it is from its predecessor. However, eventually the nuances and concepts shine through - arguably their masterpiece.

Biosphere - Substrata
    Another ambient album, but more than highly recommended. The first few listens passed me by, but deeper listening rewards the senses beyond expectation.
    Pod has musical tastes that are most definitely not MOTR but often very interesting. I gave the first of these a spin and I get what he is saying. I shall try the others.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Pod has musical tastes that are most definitely not MOTR but often very interesting. I gave the first of these a spin and I get what he is saying. I shall try the others.
    MOTR - you a big Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep fan then

I seem to remember Pod being into early 80s synth-pop bands.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    MOTR - you a big Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep fan then

Ooh a blast from the past!

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Ooh a blast from the past!
    Outstanding lyrics, must have took all of 5 minutes to write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12