+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Albums that you did not like at ll when you first heard them but

O/T Albums that you did not like at ll when you first heard them but

years later came to realise that you were wrong and the album was in fact a masterpiece!
    Last edited by CAMiller; 23-06-2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: O/T in future please

Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother

Didnt even like the cow on the album sleeve.

Tubular Bells. I was about 14 and HATED it when I heard it. My mate played it about 12 years ago when he was sorting some records out to sell and I instantly fell in love with it.

What is it that makes you change your mind about music?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Tubular Bells. I was about 14 and HATED it when I heard it. My mate played it about 12 years ago when he was sorting some records out to sell and I instantly fell in love with it.

What is it that makes you change your mind about music?
    Maturity

I actually quite like Phil Collins now, sign of getting old.

Skid row .
    Donkeys years ago. Only me knows them

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Skid row .
    Donkeys years ago. Only me knows them
    The American soft metal band or the Irish blues band precursor to Thin Lizzy?

Circa 69

I have a few:

The KLF - Chill Out
    On first listen this sounds like background noise and seems to make no sense. In fact, it is ambient genius and logical to the core. The best ambient album ever made in my humble opinion. This gets regular airplay on my turntable.

Electric Six - Senor Smoke
    The follow up to their big mainstream album ‘Fire’ was almost a concept album, but had too much to live up to. Over time however, this album is very well crafted ‘throwaway rock’ which predicts the future quite well.

Global Communication - 76:14
    If you have had a heavy day and just need to unwind - play this. You may think it boring drivel, but as music for the mind, it is sublime. The use of a ticking grandfather clock as a rhythm track is just phenomenal.

Radiohead - Kid A
    This may be an obvious one, but following ‘OK Computer’ was not an enviable task. This is a hard first listen, mainly due to how different it is from its predecessor. However, eventually the nuances and concepts shine through - arguably their masterpiece.

Biosphere - Substrata
    Another ambient album, but more than highly recommended. The first few listens passed me by, but deeper listening rewards the senses beyond expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I actually quite like Phil Collins now, sign of getting old.
    That’s because you can’t hurry love

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast