Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Yep...fair point Ram...but would anyone who isn’t a fan of Chesterfield or Belper Town actually choose to watch...for long?

You may well be right about the honesty aspect too...my simple point is that the best footballers, cricketers, rugby players, tennis players, golfers, basketball players, swimmers, runners (distance and sprinters), boxers etc are men and, in comparison, womens’ sport is second rate.

I’m all for womens’ sport and I don’t believe that women should play ‘second fiddle’ in any other way but let’s not kid ourselves, where sport is concerned...largely perhaps because of the strength factor...womens’ sport is invariably second best and, from what little I’ve seen, the WWC is no exception.
Apart from the Brazilian, Marta, the women aren't clamouring for equal pay.... yet. IMO they shouldn't get it either. Why? For now, at any rate, the women's game generates less gate money, less sponsorship money, less advertising revenue, less TV money then the men's game.

Seems simple logic to me.

I have watched quite a few of the games in France and, with the exception of Cameroon yesterday, Refereeing decisions have been accepted and there has been no mass pressure on the ref about a decision. There has been a distinct lack of diving. A distinct lack of dangerous tackles. A distinct lack of standing next to the ball to prevent a quick free quick being taken, a distinct lack of walking/running away with the ball qo a quick free kick or throw in can't be taken, a distinct lack of feigning injury.

The men can learn a lot from the women in general on how to play the game fairly and from Cameroon in particular on how not to......