+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hart and Heaton needing Terrier Taxis..?

Hart and Heaton needing Terrier Taxis..?

The media report about 56 clubs want Heaton at a knockdown price and Hart can go on a free.

WTF is going on?

Then we are in control re: Heaton, yeah? 56 bids should be flowing in.
    Hart can please himself, but elsewhere, IMO. His appointment upset the apple cart big time last season.

Won't be sad to see Hart leave we should never have bought him in the first place but surely we should be looking to recoup a mil or so for him. Heaton will be a loss but I'm sure Pope can do just as good a job the figures quoted circa 5m for him seems a bit cheap and for that I would keep him for the remainder of his contract and spend a season looking for a good young understudy for Pope to come in next July.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Won't be sad to see Hart leave we should never have bought him in the first place but surely we should be looking to recoup a mil or so for him. Heaton will be a loss but I'm sure Pope can do just as good a job the figures quoted circa 5m for him seems a bit cheap and for that I would keep him for the remainder of his contract and spend a season looking for a good young understudy for Pope to come in next July.
    Eminently sensible suggestion to me is that one whitty...

We all know BFC don't do sensible though, we will probably see them both leave for next to nothing and just have Pope with Deadlegzdin as back up then cross everything in the hope that Nick stays fit.

We all know BFC don't do sensible though, we will probably see them both leave for next to nothing and just have Pope with Deadlegzdin as back up then cross everything in the hope that Nick stays fit.
    About right whitty, because we have also cleaned out Lindegaard and a few of the younger keepers too.

Since we mysteriously signed Hart last summer our keeper situation has been shambolic, god knows what the current thinking is, we seem to be all over the place with it, but hopefully someone at the club knows what they're doing, and it will all fall nicely into place before the season starts. It will, won't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Since we mysteriously signed Hart last summer our keeper situation has been shambolic, god knows what the current thinking is, we seem to be all over the place with it, but hopefully someone at the club knows what they're doing, and it will all fall nicely into place before the season starts. It will, won't it ?
    I'm not holding my breath sinkov.

What I find a bit worrying is other teams are being linked with players potentially signing or actually signing players and the only thing we seem to be linked with are players leaving. its going to be a long summer.

has anybody told the recruitment staff the window shuts early for Premier league teams at 5pm on 8th August this season or maybe that's going to be this years excuse for panic buys "we didn't know the window shut early, We only found out at half 4".

What I find a bit worrying is other teams are being linked with players potentially signing or actually signing players and the only thing we seem to be linked with are players leaving. its going to be a long summer.

has anybody told the recruitment staff the window shuts early for Premier league teams at 5pm on 8th August this season or maybe that's going to be this years excuse for panic buys "we didn't know the window shut early, We only found out at half 4".
    I wa just thinking the same thing Witty we really are poor at recruiting!
    I’m waiting for Riggs abacus system to kick in and find us some hidden gems, I’ll not hold my breath eh ?
    I really would have liked a few in and out before pre season tour but as you say it will be last minute .dot com again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)