+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Years??

Three Years??

What price do you put on a tragedy like this?

How "grandad" lives with his guilt who can possibly know?

The "blame culture" kicks in and a little innocent soul is dead.

How much "jail time" will bring the poor little lad back?

I've no answers, but the parents and family must be ripped to bits.

Three months, three years, ten years ? Who knows what the appropriate sentence is ? Okay he was stupid, he was negligent, but he didn't do it on purpose and nothing will bring the little lad back.

I also wonder about the atrocious standard of journalism in that BBC report, it gives the clear impression that Grandad was a cynical old tw@t, who hadn't even apologised or shown any remorse. When you read a fuller report it's clear that wasn't the case. He went to hospital with his grandson, he was described as shell-shocked and extremely upset, he was advised by police not to make any contact with the family, which is why he never apologised. The old guy has enough to live with now without being crucified by the BBC as well. Gutter journalism at it's finest.

Of course it was deliberately pointed at him.. The Stupid old Cnut,why would you point it at your Great grandson and pull the trigger to see if it was loaded..should have pointed it at himself and pulled the trigger.. How do people like this Get away with not having a licence for guns.. Poor young lad dead because of gross negligence from his greet grandfather..
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 02-07-2019 at 09:05 PM.

If this had been done by a younger person they would be crucified. And if that younger person was given a three year term there would be an outcry.

He owned a gun which had been modified.
    He didn't have a license.
    He pointed it at his 6 year old great grandson.
    He pulled the trigger.

Absolute scum.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    If this had been done by a younger person they would be crucified. And if that younger person was given a three year term there would be an outcry.

He owned a gun which had been modified.
    He didn't have a license.
    He pointed it at his 6 year old great grandson.
    He pulled the trigger.

Absolute scum.

You have a very worrying fixation with young people 59, what on earth has his age got to do with it ?

And why is he not up for murder ?

I have often said being "stupid" is not a crime, but this one comes close. To me this is a tragic "incident", rather than a tragic "accident".

I hope they put him on "Suicide Watch" and hope that somehow the stupid old sod can come to terms with what he has done.

What on earth was he thinking?

This is the first time I ever realised a Lib Dem can go completely OTT. "Absolute scum" should probably read, "Absolutely stupid?"

You lefties are being very charitable to him by describing him as "stupid"

I reckon that if an 18 year old youth from East London owned an illegal gun, pointed it at a six year old lad and shot him dead then the reaction would have been different. I don't think the word "stupid" would have been used.

And if he had been given a 3 year sentence then the reaction would have been different too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    You lefties are being very charitable to him by describing him as "stupid"

I reckon that if an 18 year old youth from East London owned an illegal gun, pointed it at a six year old lad and shot him dead then the reaction would have been different. I don't think the word "stupid" would have been used.

And if he had been given a 3 year sentence then the reaction would have been different too.

Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

This is the first time I ever realised a Lib Dem can go completely OTT. "Absolute scum" should probably read, "Absolutely stupid?"

When you read the BBC report of the case BT, that's the conclusion you would draw, and the conclusion 59 has drawn. It's what happens when you have, as so many do, this blind faith and trust in the BBC. Their coverage of this case is shameful, only half the story, and why they chose to show the grandad in such a bad light I have no idea, probably Cliff Richard would know, us licence payers are probably still paying their fine for that disgusting pantomime.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)