+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Callum Semple

Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post
    I hope he’s not suffering mentally as if he does he needs support and not fans shouting verbal abuse at him. It’s a real shame to see the difference in him since 12 months ago.
    Agree with you on this. He has had some nasty injuries but is working hard to get back to his fighting condition. Its worth remembering his performances when on loan and he will get his form back. Big problem with broken ribs and bruised lungs is that no exercise is possible for at least 6 weeks and in his case he was brought back before the damage was sorted and added to the convalescence time. There is no doubt it is causing him pain but with the support of his family and the club he will get through this. Comments about his performance is to be expected but constructive criticism would be helpful

Magic quoted in today's D and G Standard '' Lee is a big loss for us and looking back I don't think I made the right substitution ''

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Magic quoted in today's D and G Standard '' Lee is a big loss for us and looking back I don't think I made the right substitution ''
    Said the same in his post match interview

We had to play 2 players out of position in defence because a central defender we signed in the close season cant get himself fit . I have been patient with him but enough is enough. Calum , I dont know what the hell has happened to you son but if it was up to me I would drive you straight to the exit door. You dont look in any better shape than you did 5 months ago . A great shame that such a good defender ilooks to have the condition of a Southern Counties player. What a waste of a promising career.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 24-11-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    We had to play 2 players out of position in defence because a central defender we signed in the close season cant get himself fit . I have been patient with him but enough is enough. Calum , I dont know what the hell has happened to you son but if it was up to me I would drive you straight to the exit door. You dont look in any better shape than you did 5 months ago . A great shame that such a good defender ilooks to have the condition of a Southern Counties player. What a waste of a promising career.
    Had to laugh that a club insider on the P&B site claims he’s injured again

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Had to laugh that a club insider on the P&B site claims he’s injured again
    More like subbed off as he was woeful

I , like many other supporters we’re excited about the run of Semple to Palmerston but his signing has been nothing short of a disaster. Don’t think anyone realised his physical or perhaps even mental condition on his return. Him being substituted after being brought on against Dundee United wouldn’t of help matters and AJ subbing McCarthy after 30 minutes on Saturday wouldn’t exactly of helped that lads confidence either.
    Extremely bad management in both cases

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post

Not sure it was a good idea to sign the lad if he was in such a bad physical state in the first place. He should of had to prove himself first before signing. It’s a real shame everything so far hasn’t worked out for him. A great talent wasted until he can get fit and injury free.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Not sure it was a good idea to sign the lad if he was in such a bad physical state in the first place. He should of had to prove himself first before signing. It’s a real shame everything so far hasn’t worked out for him. A great talent wasted until he can get fit and injury free.
    Calum , to me, obviously has issues. Of course, we wish him all the help he can get but he shouldnt be here in the meantime . We are a pro club trying to win matches after all .

Shame how things are going for him. If there is some underlying issue maybe we could sort something out contract wise but also make sure we don't just jettison him to the abyss. I know every penny counts but he is only 21 and perhaps a free year just training sorting himself out is what he needs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)