+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: pre season training begins

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Why would they do that? Yet they still expect us to buy season tickets?
    I can understand this, as I suspect that nobody apart from Hardy knows anything at all so it will only put people like Ardley in an impossible situation to be asked to comment.

What we need is the local media doorstepping Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I can understand this, as I suspect that nobody apart from Hardy knows anything at all so it will only put people like Ardley in an impossible situation to be asked to comment.
    I'd say you're spot on.

Leigh Curtis has said a press day was for tomorrow but it got cancelled, intriguing

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Leigh Curtis has said a press day was for tomorrow but it got cancelled, intriguing

A press day had been scheduled and had been agreed for Tuesday when we were due to speak to the manager and a couple of players, but it has been now been pulled. We’ve now been told that nobody will now be on hand to talk to us this week. It’s probably the first time ever that either us or the BBC have not been down on the first or second day. Yes the manager oversaw training. I don’t think anybody should be concerned about it being quiet, more so disappointed they haven’t been able to hear the manager’s thoughts.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-live-3014107

This is more like it from Notts media team, credit where due...

I can't help being concerned that the strength and conditioning coach looks as though the thing he needs most is a strength and conditioning coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I can't help being concerned that the strength and conditioning coach looks as though the thing he needs most is a strength and conditioning coach.
    I must admit to having the same immediate thought. 'Lead by example' eh?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I must admit to having the same immediate thought. 'Lead by example' eh?

Apparently we're wearing last years kit cos we are in hock to Puma. Will this nightmare EVER ****in end???

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...EkuRC0iA6ZON58

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Apparently we're wearing last years kit cos we are in hock to Puma. Will this nightmare EVER ****in end???

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...EkuRC0iA6ZON58
    Notts County’s players have reported back for pre-season duty - but have been forced to wear last season's training kit amid rumours of a financial dispute with PUMA.

Nottinghamshire Live understands the club owes a six-figure fee to the sportswear firm which relates to a variety of kit the Magpies ordered last season.

It is believed PUMA are now refusing to send any new kit until they have been paid.

The club declined to comment when approached by Nottinghamshire Live, while PUMA had not responded by the time of going to press.

PUMA have been Notts’ kit supplier since February 2017, having struck a deal that was met with acclaim by supporters.
    Notts County set for return to pre-season training amid uncertainty over the future

Their head of marketing, Ruth How, said at the time that PUMA were “privileged to be playing our part in what looks set to be an exciting future for the Magpies”.

The company is one of the world’s leading sports brands and has a history of huge sponsorship deals with an array of famous sports stars.

In the meantime, the players will have to continue wearing the old training kit having reported back for duty ahead of the new season.

They were put through their paces at Nottingham Trent University on Monday with senior players such as Michael Doyle and Matt Tootle among those who were back in action.

Notts County were back in training. (Image: Nottingham Post)
    Manager Neal Ardley was also present as the club prepares for their first season in the National League amid uncertainty regarding its future.

The club is back in the High Court on July 10 over a winding-up petition brought by HMRC over an unpaid tax bill of more than £250,000, although that figure has now risen considerably.

A proposed takeover still shows no sign of reaching a conclusion, despite the club having been on the market since the end of January.

Last Thursday a Danish consortium was shown around Meadow Lane with two members of the group believed to be part of the betting advice firm, Football Radar.

The saga has also been hit by revelations over a consortium which includes Alex May, who was previously known as Alick Kapikanya, a convicted fraudster who was jailed for six years in 2014.
    Notts County and Neal Ardley in desperate situation ahead of pre-season return

The club said it would investigate May’s exact role, but has so far issued no further comment as to whether those talks are continuing.

A South African consortium has also registered an interest in the club and claimed, in a statement in May, they were hoping to seal a swift conclusion to the deal.

But progress appears to have stalled over the reported ill health of frontman Terry Pritchard.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast