+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you still go now.....

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I get it all, I just don't follow the mindset of people like yourself.
    You fool. I get you 100%. You think it’s a question of money and people put money before their support of the club. Sorry but..... you fool.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    You fool. I get you 100%. You think it’s a question of money and people put money before their support of the club. Sorry but..... you fool.
    Ok, Let's see how you answer the same question.

If someone pays all your expenses to come to St.James' Park and not one penny do you need to spend, do you refuse to go and if so what is your reason for refusal?

Also, what exactly do you EXPECT from Ashley. Not the club. I mean from Ashley, personally?

If nothing, then what do you expect from the actual club that will make you become a supporter once again?

Let me put this into perspective.

The season before this we finished 10th.
    This season we finished 12th.
    Averaged out over two seasons we can argue we are the 11th best team in the entire football league and arguably, potentially on par with those outside of the top 8.

This is under Ashley's ownership and the running of the club by all who are employed by it.
    You can argue relegation twice but the stadium was filled.
    You can argue relegation twice but understanding that those two relegations were based on massive spends, not tight pockets.

12 years in charge and a mixture of exciting seasons, mediocre seasons and bad one's. And a mixture of the good the bad and the ugly of managers.

When you focus too much on the negatives of one man without daring to allow the positives in, you get a very bad experience of supporting your football club and you turn it into a one man show of doom, which it is far from.

So what's your reason for not handing a penny over?

We finished 13th not 12th That means an average finish of 14th plus 2 relegations in his 12 years. The 12 years before we had an average finish of 7th to 8th, Cup final appearances and European football on a regular basis.
    But to answer your main point I personally do not go because attending means I condone (maybe too strong a word accept may be better) the way the club is now. I will not support a club where my money is not reinvested into the club but disappears into the owners other ventures. I can not support a club which actively robs itself of commercial income. I can not support a club who treats my support(love) with disdain and will lie to my face over and over. I can not support a club that promised to revamp facilities at the training ground, as a matter of urgency and still have not carried out any work 6 years later. I can not support a club that treats its legends like shyte (Keegan, Shearer and now Rafa). I can not support a club that will sell off any asset to line the owners pocket and thereby prevent any expansion of the ground. I can not support a club that would rename SJ

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    We finished 13th not 12th That means an average finish of 14th plus 2 relegations in his 12 years. The 12 years before we had an average finish of 7th to 8th, Cup final appearances and European football on a regular basis.
    But to answer your main point I personally do not go because attending means I condone (maybe too strong a word accept may be better) the way the club is now. I will not support a club where my money is not reinvested into the club but disappears into the owners other ventures. I can not support a club which actively robs itself of commercial income. I can not support a club who treats my support(love) with disdain and will lie to my face over and over. I can not support a club that promised to revamp facilities at the training ground, as a matter of urgency and still have not carried out any work 6 years later. I can not support a club that treats its legends like shyte (Keegan, Shearer and now Rafa). I can not support a club that will sell off any asset to line the owners pocket and thereby prevent any expansion of the ground. I can not support a club that would rename SJ
    I think you pretty much nailed it there mate.

We finished 13th not 12th
    I stand corrected, Thank you.

But to answer your main point I personally do not go because attending means I condone (maybe too strong a word accept may be better) the way the club is now.
    And how badly do you think it's being run compared to most of the rest of the clubs in the entire league, because I see it being run in a fairly strong way in terms of being stable but I do agree there could be certain things upgraded.
    I've seen this club in a way way way worse position if this is classed as bad for some.

I will not support a club where my money is not reinvested into the club but disappears into the owners other ventures.
    Do you know for sure what money has went to other ventures. Are there any official documents on this?

I can not support a club which actively robs itself of commercial income.
    As in what?

I can not support a club who treats my support(love) with disdain and will lie to my face over and over.
    Was a 10 year price freeze treating supporters with disdain?
    Or what exactly rankles with you?

I can not support a club that promised to revamp facilities at the training ground, as a matter of urgency and still have not carried out any work 6 years later.
    Do you think the training facilities are dangerous or in so bad a shape as to not be fit for purpose or is it a case of the training facilities are not brand new state of the art like many clubs have started to do?
    And is this a reason for not supporting?

I can not support a club that treats its legends like shyte (Keegan, Shearer and now Rafa).
    Would you be quite happy to support a club that treats any other manager in a bad way if it's all in the name of bringing in a more apt one?
    Say, sacking Allardyce to bring in Keegan or sacking Hughton to bring in Pardew? Did you support then or have you not supported the club since Ashley took over?

I can not support a club that will sell off any asset to line the owners pocket and thereby prevent any expansion of the ground.
    You mean the strawberry side?
    Do you know what's what relating to expansion or the potential of it and whether it is monetary feasible?
    Even so, is it really a reason not to support the club?

I can not support a club that would rename SJ
    If A Sheikh came in and spent hundreds of millions on the stadium and squad, plus training facilities, etc but named the stadium in his business name, would you still refuse to support the club?

I'm simply trying to get an angle on what's conditional and unconditional.
    You see, I'm unconditional in my support for the club called Newcastle United, no matter which custodians are onboard at the time...at any time in the past and present and future.

25 players costing 10p and playing for 5p a week each will still garner my support.
    Players costing £250 million each on wages of 1 million a week each, will still garner my support.

I may not be happy about a lot of stuff at the club but I accept whatever happens because I chose to be a fan and supporter, unconditionally.
    That's just me.
    You obviously put conditions on your support and that's absolutely fine. It's your prerogative, as it is everyone else's.

I just don't see the nasty that other people see. I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I stand corrected, Thank you.

And how badly do you think it's being run compared to most of the rest of the clubs in the entire league, because I see it being run in a fairly strong way in terms of being stable but I do agree there could be certain things upgraded.
    I've seen this club in a way way way worse position if this is classed as bad for some.

Do you know for sure what money has went to other ventures. Are there any official documents on this?

As in what?

Was a 10 year price freeze treating supporters with disdain?
    Or what exactly rankles with you?

Do you think the training facilities are dangerous or in so bad a shape as to not be fit for purpose or is it a case of the training facilities are not brand new state of the art like many clubs have started to do?
    And is this a reason for not supporting?

Would you be quite happy to support a club that treats any other manager in a bad way if it's all in the name of bringing in a more apt one?
    Say, sacking Allardyce to bring in Keegan or sacking Hughton to bring in Pardew? Did you support then or have you not supported the club since Ashley took over?

You mean the strawberry side?
    Do you know what's what relating to expansion or the potential of it and whether it is monetary feasible?
    Even so, is it really a reason not to support the club?

If A Sheikh came in and spent hundreds of millions on the stadium and squad, plus training facilities, etc but named the stadium in his business name, would you still refuse to support the club?

I'm simply trying to get an angle on what's conditional and unconditional.
    You see, I'm unconditional in my support for the club called Newcastle United, no matter which custodians are onboard at the time...at any time in the past and present and future.

25 players costing 10p and playing for 5p a week each will still garner my support.
    Players costing £250 million each on wages of 1 million a week each, will still garner my support.

I may not be happy about a lot of stuff at the club but I accept whatever happens because I chose to be a fan and supporter, unconditionally.
    That's just me.
    You obviously put conditions on your support and that's absolutely fine. It's your prerogative, as it is everyone else's.

I just don't see the nasty that other people see. I really don't.
    Bollox

For phux sake

Dear Me!

I agree with Mick.

Surely this is a watershed moment when people vote with their feet?

Gotta be.

The message from Ashley couldn't be clearer now:

Fk you Newcastle United and the horse you rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    Dear Me!
    What a t*t.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)