+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye San Siro

Apparently the top tier has been wobbling, so it might fall down by itself. The new stadium, if it ever happens, will be built in the car park.

It will be interesting to see which is built first, new San Siro or our shuttle bus arena. Or neither of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Apparently the top tier has been wobbling, so it might fall down by itself.

Behind the goals top tier?

Closed when i was there. I wondered why as the place was ram packed

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I took my son to San Siro when he turned 18
    I used to take my boys scarves etc home when they were little, and had always promised to take him one day.
    I'll give you that was over 13 years ago but it was in good nick then. I don't get the "dump" quotes.
    Its dirty. The toilets were all f@cked,alot of tiles and slabs and stuff broken. Thats what i mean.

Doeant take away from it being f@cking ace

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye but most of it ( as we know it now) was built in the eighties in time for the World Cup.

I'm pretty sure I stood at the top of the stand looking down on the old San Siro anyway, perhaps if they build it close then they will choose the old site.

If you dig down in Rome you find things.
    There isn't an old San Siro, but there is an old horse racing track beside it, which is why one side has only 2 tiers.

Last edited by Jupiter; 24-06-2019 at 06:25 PM.

First time I went I was in the top row behind the goal ( inter end) it was a Milan game.

I'm glad I went in early, it gave me time to acclimatise. (sitting down but holding on to the barriers)

Marco van Basten was a one man front three.
    Franco Baresi was almost as good as Wullie Miller.

I love Italian football.

I thought that one side only had 2 tiers to let the wind in for the pitch, I know that they had terrible trouble with the pitch in the early days.

Third tier was built for the 1990 world cup, were you there before that donsdaft?

This is what it used to look like

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Pittodrie is falling to bits.We all know it. Its a tip, we all know that too. But its our sh@t hole. I drove past yesterday hunting the Oor Wullies. That bit of corrugate plastic is still missing from the Dick End. 3 seasons thats been missing. Sounds trivial but its a gague to how much its being allowed to be run down by our builder c@nt bag w@nker chairman. Something that simple is just being left. It is also f@cking filthy

Doesnt mean i want to leave it. I have never once said i do. Im 100% in the rejuvenation camp

Ill state again F@ck Off Aurora. You love to talk about agendas. The worst agenda in tje history of our club is the Stewart Milnes agenda which will kill the club. He winna care as hes a masonic hun f@ck anyway.

But I digress. The San Siro although a dump is ace. Just like Pittodrie
    Chill loon, FFS, the only thing I “love” is my family, anyone that knows me would genuinely concur with that, although I have opined on certain aspects of our club on here, that is all it is, I would/will support our club wherever as I’ve always done when possible, hopefully still in Pittodrie St......time will tell where that will be.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Third tier was built for the 1990 world cup, were you there before that donsdaft?

This is what it used to look like

No, here's me in the back row behind the goal, May 12th ( the day after we threw away the league title at Ibrox)

San Siro optical illusion is mental

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast