+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodbye San Siro

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

I love Italian football.
    I concur. Thats why my mate and me started annual pilgrimages.

Atalanta was awesome

This coming season. Sampdoria main reason, then hopefully at least another game in the vicinity(im hoping for Torino)

I like the San Siro and try to go at least once a year. I was up in the third tier for the Juventus game in November and the view was a lot better than I expected. Usually I go to the second tier red. The derby games with Inter are very enjoyable. The new tube extension makes it very easy to get to and from Central Station. Food and drink outside is not too bad and a reasonable price. Match ticket prices vary according to who is playing with the derby and Juve costing around 90 euros for a cheap seat.

Milan as a city though is not a favourite. It's not too bad between May and September but most of the football tends to be played between September and May when, every time I've been, the weather is pants. Smoggy, foggy and drizzle or torrential rain.

I'd be happier if they knocked down Milan and left the San Siro alone.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Match ticket prices vary according to who is playing with the derby and Juve costing around 90 euros for a cheap seat.
    The two dearest tickets I have bought for fitba were both in Italy 50 quid for Milan v Napoli was one of them (60 for Bologna v Juventus). The prices definitely vary by a big margin depending whos playing. Rome derby was nowhere near 50 quid.Atalanta v Inter and Fiorentina v Inter were both under 30 quid, serie B is pennies

I agree with the sentiment. Bulldoze Milan, keep the San Siro

I was £7.00 the first time I went.

I had heard horror stories about prices so was chuffed with that.

It's a while ago but to put it into perspective that was similar if not less to what it cost to get into Pittodrie at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The two dearest tickets I have bought for fitba were both in Italy 50 quid for Milan v Napoli was one of them (60 for Bologna v Juventus). The prices definitely vary by a big margin depending whos playing. Rome derby was nowhere near 50 quid.Atalanta v Inter and Fiorentina v Inter were both under 30 quid, serie B is pennies

I agree with the sentiment. Bulldoze Milan, keep the San Siro

The prices have risen dramatically over the past few years I've been going. The first Derby I went to, I was 50 euros for a great seat on second level red. The next year and the same seats were 95 euros. Last year I was 90 euros for the top tier. Go to watch a less-attractive team though and you can pick up great seats for 20 or 30 euros. Was it Gordon Bennett that tried that at Pittodrie?

I've been to a few Champions League Finals, Category 1 seats. They were a tad expensive - about the same price as a season ticket.
    Last edited by deaconred; 26-06-2019 at 10:14 AM.

I can't see me ever paying anything like that kind of money to see a game of football.

Fair enough, I've done my share and it's changed days so I'm not going to criticise the punter who wants to see a game but prices like that are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Third tier was built for the 1990 world cup, were you there before that donsdaft?

This is what it used to look like

I was and I can only concur with other folks opinions. Milan is dreich and the San Siro whether in its pre or post 1990 form is fairly ****e.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123