+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye San Siro

Goodbye San Siro

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/ac-mi...3fplatform=amp

Probablly the most iconic ground in my days of watching fitba. Soon to be no more and replaced with a new een next to it

I think it was Donsdaft who said it was his favourite. Its a cracker. One of the beat ive been too. Milans Curva was f@cking loud when i was there

One bonus, gives my pal and me another Serie A trip to catch Inter in the new een when its up and running

Went to visit it in 1993 when I was in Turin for the Torino game. Saw Scotland getting beat 2-0 by Italy there also. Thought it was a bit of a dump. Milan in general is a bit of a dump in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Went to visit it in 1993 when I was in Turin for the Torino game. Saw Scotland getting beat 2-0 by Italy there also. Thought it was a bit of a dump. Milan in general is a bit of a dump in my opinion.
    Milan as a city is a graffiti ridden hole.

San Siro is pretty special though during a game despite being a bit of a dump.

Pittodrie is a sh@t hole too so the San Siros in fine company

Bloody hell they don't build things to last anymore do they?

I was lucky enough to visit a fair few times in the nineties, I used to love it.

Milan itself is not so bad, it just hides it's charm for some reason.
    It's not the easiest place to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Milan as a city is a graffiti ridden hole.

San Siro is pretty special though during a game despite being a bit of a dump.

Pittodrie is a sh@t hole too so the San Siros in fine company
    PAC min, in your humble opinion, our home ground is a “sh@t hole” who am I to disagree, however, 100% I would prefer us to play in a rejuvenated “sh@t hole” and going forward, train in a purpose built complex that is funded in the correct manner, this is perhaps too simplistic and does not suit certain agendas......anyway.....

AC Mill Inn and not Milan 😉

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    PAC min, in your humble opinion, our home ground is a “sh@t hole” who am I to disagree, however, 100% I would prefer us to play in a rejuvenated “sh@t hole” and going forward, train in a purpose built complex that is funded in the correct manner, this is perhaps too simplistic and does not suit certain agendas......anyway.....

AC Mill Inn and not Milan ��

SF
    Pittodrie is falling to bits.We all know it. Its a tip, we all know that too. But its our sh@t hole. I drove past yesterday hunting the Oor Wullies. That bit of corrugate plastic is still missing from the Dick End. 3 seasons thats been missing. Sounds trivial but its a gague to how much its being allowed to be run down by our builder c@nt bag w@nker chairman. Something that simple is just being left. It is also f@cking filthy

Doesnt mean i want to leave it. I have never once said i do. Im 100% in the rejuvenation camp

Ill state again F@ck Off Aurora. You love to talk about agendas. The worst agenda in tje history of our club is the Stewart Milnes agenda which will kill the club. He winna care as hes a masonic hun f@ck anyway.

But I digress. The San Siro although a dump is ace. Just like Pittodrie

The mayor of Milan said the opening ceremony for the 2026 winter Olympics, which they won today, will be at San Siro so it will be around for a while yet. It takes years to get planning permission in Italy. The new Roma stadium was supposed to be open 3 years ago and they still haven't been allowed to start building it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    The mayor of Milan said the opening ceremony for the 2026 winter Olympics, which they won today, will be at San Siro so it will be around for a while yet. It takes years to get planning permission in Italy. The new Roma stadium was supposed to be open 3 years ago and they still haven't been allowed to start building it.
    I wonder if they will run it down to make people think the new one is essential

Aye but most of it ( as we know it now) was built in the eighties in time for the World Cup.

I'm pretty sure I stood at the top of the stand looking down on the old San Siro anyway, perhaps if they build it close then they will choose the old site.

If you dig down in Rome you find things.

I took my son to San Siro when he turned 18
    I used to take my boys scarves etc home when they were little, and had always promised to take him one day.
    I'll give you that was over 13 years ago but it was in good nick then. I don't get the "dump" quotes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast