+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Actually Going To Sign Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Not the point at all.
    Eight of those clubs have spent between 10 and 18 years in the Premier League and have had money going through their books from the PL and rich owners, however, because we adopt an attitude that we must stick to our principles, the Chairman and the Board are criticised interminably because they are trying to keep things on a stable footing.

Unless you have been involved in trying to get players to come and play for your club, you have no idea of the problems involved. It was bad enough at non-league level so goodness knows what it is like at the top level, particularly with the greedy agents involved.
    I Just cannot see , How we can continue at the current rate, Without outside investment.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    If i were a player considering coming to Turf moor then I would check out boards like this one.
    No need to check out message boards to see what sort of Club we are 59, just look at the lack of activity from a Club who have had more money than at any time in its history yet had a poor last season but yet again (as Sinkov has suggested) failed to strengthen the team to try and sustain Premier League status.

Our great leader Garlick is on record as stupidly telling all and sundry that we only had £24 Million in the Bank and also told us a certain Mr Rigg has been brought in to sort out our stale recruitment problems, in turn Mr Rigg has also told everyone and his dog that Peter Crouch was a great bit of business for the first team, I seriously think that quote would have been laughed at by any Championship Club let alone one in the Premiership

Sean Dyche (as good a Manager as he is) has NO plan B, gives interviews after games that a lot of fans cringe at as it seems he's seen a different game, is too rigid which negates flair and even some attacking players have had their game changed to revert to Dyche's more defensive attitude.

I know you enjoy reading everyone's thoughts 59, I just thought of you when I read it

Agree Jon, Something must change if we are to continue in the money league, being a yo yo Club is dicing with death, but after the last (at least) 2 years, dicing with death is just what Garlick has been doing, we are going to be leaving the PL if things remain the same, and like a few have said, getting back to the PL is not that easy, especially with the squad we have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    ...being a yo yo Club is dicing with death...getting back to the PL is not that easy, especially with the squad we have at the moment.
    Why?

It certainly can be if you've got a highly paid squad particularly if without a 'pay-cut if relegated' and/or 'a let me walk away for sweet FA if we get relegated' clauses in the players contracts; my understanding is that BFC insist on the first and reject the second; that's probably yet another reason why we struggle to recruit as an EPL club; the players being reluctant to accept any responsibility or pain should they under-perform and the team go down.
    So, I'd be disappointed if we were to go down and concede that it's certainly a possibility (I try not to think of how strong a one) with our current squad as it currently looks both weak and sparse for the EPL level, however, it is without doubt 'a Championship play-offs quality' squad and we shouldn't be forced to sell any of those players due to economics or player-contracts. We should also be able to buy a few more to get us into an automatic promotion spot more easily too: To a player & his agent a BFC offer, compared to one from A N Other Premiership side perhaps doesn't look a 'good risk', but a BFC offer with it's big promotion-bonuses compared to A N Other Championship side certainly would certainly look appealing and offer one of the most likely routes into the EPL.
    Yes, many of the 'yo-yo clubs' have struggled and at times abysmally failed to get back up to the EPL, but oftentimes they've been trying to do so with a radically different side from the one that went down, whereas we would hopefully be trying to get back there with a squad that's much the same and already integrated as a 'team'.
    Don't get me wrong, I prefer BFC to be in the Premiership, but I can live with being back in the Championship for a season or two and whilst I believe that BFC will always struggle to compete financially in the EPL (some things haven't changed since I saw my first game in 1969) our economic model ensures we'll remain financially strong and a very attractive club (to potential players) at Championship level, so getting back should prove easier for us than most.

I'm not having all of this negative bollox. We have:
    Probably the best English manager in the EPL.
    We are solvent.
    We can already field one EPL team and one Championship team from our squad.
    We have state of the art training facilities.
    We have a steadily improving Development Squad that has just spewed out Dwight McNeil.
    We have so many fully capped International footballers on our books I have lost count.
    We are entering our fifth consecutive EPL season.
    Why the doom and gloom?

All we need is another better than decent midfielder, another left back and a pacey wide man.

Now is the time we should looking forward to a season full of joy and explosive football from our lads in Claret & Blue.

May I remind you all the Child Bride is making her debut has a fully fledged season ticket holder, your constant moaning is getting her unsettled

Please refrain and strap yourselves in for another roller coaster ride, par excellence!

Quote Originally Posted by afloatinclaret View Post
    Why?

It certainly can be if you've got a highly paid squad particularly if without a 'pay-cut if relegated' and/or 'a let me walk away for sweet FA if we get relegated' clauses in the players contracts; my understanding is that BFC insist on the first and reject the second; that's probably yet another reason why we struggle to recruit as an EPL club; the players being reluctant to accept any responsibility or pain should they under-perform and the team go down.
    So, I'd be disappointed if we were to go down and concede that it's certainly a possibility (I try not to think of how strong a one) with our current squad as it currently looks both weak and sparse for the EPL level, however, it is without doubt 'a Championship play-offs quality' squad and we shouldn't be forced to sell any of those players due to economics or player-contracts. We should also be able to buy a few more to get us into an automatic promotion spot more easily too: To a player & his agent a BFC offer, compared to one from A N Other Premiership side perhaps doesn't look a 'good risk', but a BFC offer with it's big promotion-bonuses compared to A N Other Championship side certainly would certainly look appealing and offer one of the most likely routes into the EPL.
    Yes, many of the 'yo-yo clubs' have struggled and at times abysmally failed to get back up to the EPL, but oftentimes they've been trying to do so with a radically different side from the one that went down, whereas we would hopefully be trying to get back there with a squad that's much the same and already integrated as a 'team'.
    Don't get me wrong, I prefer BFC to be in the Premiership, but I can live with being back in the Championship for a season or two and whilst I believe that BFC will always struggle to compete financially in the EPL (some things haven't changed since I saw my first game in 1969) our economic model ensures we'll remain financially strong and a very attractive club (to potential players) at Championship level, so getting back should prove easier for us than most.
    A good post - it as I referred to the other day on another much of the squad is ageing and also coming to the ends
    Of contracts, so without serious investment we won’t Yo Yo back up or remain in this league much longer.

The disappointment to me is that we set a man / team on to source players from Europe and beyond for the progression of Bfc and our stay in the Premiership.
    Are we now saying that across the whole of Europe , Africa ,Asia there is nt a footballer available
    That suits our team and pay structure - nobody who wants to come and play in the best league In the world even as a stepping stone to put themselves in the shop window for a Man Utd Or City to see them.

I’m pretty sure there are examples Kante to Leicester just short of 6million , now one of the best in the world in his position.
    I know they aren’t his standard every day occurrence but come on - little old Burnley or not it’s still the biggest shop window to get to the top of the game with a global audience of billions.
    Maybe just maybe we aren’t selling to players that way or maybe we aren’t looking or asking

I refuse to believe there is no one for our club I mean between 20 and 40k a week isn’t bad money is it ?

Reality of what I posted above is the same wherever a player plays it’s like saying if wood scores 30 goals in premiership this season and we finish 7th again that he wouldn’t be off for big money , everyone’s in the shopping window every time they play and everyone has a price - we need to find the gems and there are some I’m sure.
    Last edited by army88; 07-07-2019 at 08:29 AM.

The Sun reporting, that David Jones 34 is on the plane to Portugal ,Having been released by Shef Wed and hoping to gain a contract with us!!

Moving on From David Jones, Burnley ready to offer £15 million pounds for Fikayo Tomori,...Chelsea player, Playing for Derby last season.

Since our approach, Clubs such as Crystal Palace , Newcastle, Brighton have all showed interest.
    With the manager Lampard going back to Chelsea,..I cannot see this ,...He will end up at Norwich, Or Shef Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Not the point at all.
    Eight of those clubs have spent between 10 and 18 years in the Premier League and have had money going through their books from the PL and rich owners, however, because we adopt an attitude that we must stick to our principles, the Chairman and the Board are criticised interminably because they are trying to keep things on a stable footing.

Unless you have been involved in trying to get players to come and play for your club, you have no idea of the problems involved. It was bad enough at non-league level so goodness knows what it is like at the top level, particularly with the greedy agents involved.
    IT Has evolved ,....Full Stop......We Have to move on,...Or go Backwards,..Hence the links to our recent targets, Prove we are not moving forward!!...................We Have Stalled ,...And without A YO/YO Season, Far from Guaranteed , We could be History!!!

A Yo/yo season could be the end of us,...Yes the wealthiest club ever in the Championship is all I can see ?

We have been in the Prem Now 4 seasons,...and we are looking at 38, 36 and 34 year old players......That is Pathetic!

News coming from the Potteries is that Erik Pieters is expected to sign for us on a permanent deal after spending the last six years at Stoke City.
    WOW!
    Attachment 13141
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 07-07-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    IT Has evolved ,....Full Stop......We Have to move on,...Or go Backwards,..Hence the links to our recent targets, Prove we are not moving forward!!...................We Have Stalled ,...And without A YO/YO Season, Far from Guaranteed , We could be History!!!

A Yo/yo season could be the end of us,...Yes the wealthiest club ever in the Championship is all I can see ?

We have been in the Prem Now 4 seasons,...and we are looking at 38, 36 and 34 year old players......That is Pathetic!
    I just can't see why you get so upset about anything relating to football.
    There is absolutely nothing you or I can do about anything at all whether it is Burnley FC, the Premier League, Law changes, VAR etc.,etc..

The only positive thing you can do if it upsets you so much is to stop going and chill out ---life will go on.
    Join sinkov in watching non-league football if you are really interested in football and it will cost you a fraction of what PL football costs.

I know that you won't accept that I don't worry about anything, however, it is true because with the voluntary work that I do I need to be a happy bloke ---so I am.

I have watched the Clarets play more seasons in the bottom three tiers of English football --40 in total ---than I have at the top level --27 seasons. Perhaps we need to find our level, however, just enjoy the now and stop worrying.
    Relegation is not the end of us --it would mean playing in the Championship, nothing more, nothing less.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)