+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Actually Going To Sign Anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    He is more professional than that.
    Maybe he has been completely straight Whitty and asked for permission to speak with
    Them, can’t say I’d be surprised tbh.

I think it’s becoming a bit of a joke situation at our club at the minute, and whilst like most on here I’m asking for signings, I wouldn’t want us to blow it all and jeopardise our future.

Maybe Dyche thinks the same

Clubs need to work on the revolving door system of personnel in and out every season. Spurs may be the exception to the rule with their talent seemingly taking them further this season despite no new signings for three years (I think that's right, happy to be corrected), but Burnley, with all due respect, are coming off a lower base. What I'm suggesting is that if we are to let players go, and keep some others that don't seem to cut the mustard, we should at least be signing new players to keep the squad changing and competing with one another for spots, we may land a beauty. That can only improve things. Anyway, I hope that if we don't do much on the transfer side of things, then maybe Jimmy Dunne and Dan Agyei will get their chance? Puts a bit of pressure on Barnes and Wood. Do our other younger squad members pose similar situations for other positions?

Also, if Che Adams scores in our first game I'll spew up. (Not so much if Danny Ings scores, i still wish he was at Burnley, and at least he's a gift that keeps on giving (2.3 million)).

Leicester to turn down £70 Million bid from Manure for Maguire ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48839601

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Leicester to turn down £70 Million bid from Manure for Maguire ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48839601
    I think this is going to come down to the player Alto

He’s going to have to say I want to go because Leicester have already said we don’t need to sell

So they’ve stuck a price on him and that’s that .

Watch what happens here if he goes we won’t be able to get the deal done quick enough - bet we don’t hold out.

We are just completely crap,...!!
    At Competing,...or even trying!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    We are just completely crap,...!!
    At Competing,...or even trying!!
    I'm really glad our recruitment team don't actually play for us, then we would be totally crap.

in the last few days I have seen links to Boli Mbombo LBack/Winger from rapid vienna Celtic also interested, Marseilles Lucas Ocampos a skillful Argentine winger Everton also interested we have had a 10m bid rejected already seemingly and Mbwana Samatta striker with a pretty decent record Cardiff Boro Leicester and Watford also interested. if we can only get one of those I would want Ocampos edit: looks like ocampos is off to Sevilla for 13mEuro so a mil and half more than we offered.
    Last edited by whittyclaretandblue; 02-07-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Still waiting for the ex-England has-been to crop up as per usual but probably be a few days before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Still waiting for the ex-England has-been to crop up as per usual but probably be a few days before the deadline.
    Got it! Phil Jagielka is currently "training" down at Gawthorpe. Dyche is already talking about, "experience", "back-up", "great pro", "great attitude" etc. etc.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)