+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why now?

Self awareness.

In the last 12 years, Toon related.

Ghost, you are a renegade on here opinion wise.

But can you be big enough to admit to anything that you mayhave been wrong about and if so what?

Also, can you give me anything that you have been proven right about, and again what?

Not having a go, just interested to get your view.

Seems to me the majority mindset (that I know you don't toe the line with)seems to be correct more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Self awareness.

In the last 12 years, Toon related.

Ghost, you are a renegade on here opinion wise.

But can you be big enough to admit to anything that you mayhave been wrong about and if so what?

Also, can you give me anything that you have been proven right about, and again what?

Not having a go, just interested to get your view.

Seems to me the majority mindset (that I know you don't toe the line with)seems to be correct more often than not.
    How about giving me some issues that I've been wrong about whilst others have been right and I'll happily agree to any that I've got wrong.
    The real issue here is all about opinions not matching up and mass opinion seemingly taking precedence over minority, without knowing facts.

I'm more than happy to accept I'm wrong but from my side it appears very few are ready to accept they're wrong against any minority.
    See how this works?

Here's the crux of the matter. I stand by my stance on anything. I could end up being wrong or never proven to be wrong, just like the stance of others may be the same.

So feel free to bring anything you want up that you know I've went against which has turned out to be the truth of which I still deny. I'll be totally honest and I ask the same. It takes more than one to tango.

I'll give you one or two I was wrong about.

I believed the good times were about to roll when Keegan came back again.

I also believed Ashley was on to something with Pardew when we finished 5th. Maybe Ashley was a misunderstood genius who was truly a man with a plan and didn't mind being unpopular with the fans to implement his vision.

I was wrong. There was no vision or plan except profit and this was evident in the following transfer window when he didn't build on it.

I have been right about him ever since. His game is finding ways to manipulate the fans into spending and keep coming back week in week out. This is his Champions League.

In the back of my mind knew this was going to happen with Rafa and nothing had changed.

Your turn.

In answer to why now? I have a theory too. Ashley has been trying to screw over any potential buyers by upping the price. I think he has worked out that they wont pay an increased amount So he has removed Rafa and any opposition to cashing in on Longstaff and Almiron. He can now trouser about £60m and still have the sale of the club go through
    OR
    He is just a fat vindictive piece of shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I'll give you one or two I was wrong about.

I believed the good times were about to roll when Keegan came back again.

I also believed Ashley was on to something with Pardew when we finished 5th. Maybe Ashley was a misunderstood genius who was truly a man with a plan and didn't mind being unpopular with the fans to implement his vision.

I was wrong. There was no vision or plan except profit and this was evident in the following transfer window when he didn't build on it.

I have been right about him ever since. His game is finding ways to manipulate the fans into spending and keep coming back week in week out. This is his Champions League.

In the back of my mind knew this was going to happen with Rafa and nothing had changed.

Your turn.
    There's lots of stuff I've been wrong about.
    I had visions of us being in the champions league before now, after Hall sold up, based on the word, Billionaire. I was very wrong.
    I was wrong in thinking we wouldn't be relegated with a team like we had under McClaren and Rafa's late showing, just as I was wrong thinking we wouldn't be relegated under the late input of Alan Shearer with the team we had.

I've predicted lots of stuff that's never came to fruition, but mainly anything I do actually say is based on opinion and best guesses, not on facts, which is absolute key when I'm arguing my point just as it's absolute key when I'm being argued against.
    If people take the high ground by count of numbers to push something as fact,that they do not know is a fact, then no matter how loud and how many ad hominems and attacking of a strawman they tell me I'm wrong, I'll stand my ground, until they show facts.

People need to accept that I'll argue from my point of view and I absolutely will not back down from it if I can argue it against nothing more than counter speculative arguments, even if they're based on mass backing.

If you or anyone wants to argue a point with me and you have absolute facts to back up what you're arguing, then I'll be the first to accept them if I see for myself that they are indeed, facts.
    For me not to do so would be me being dishonest and I don't see the point in bothering to post if I know it's blatant lies that I tell.

But the thing is, I don't pass off anything as a fact and people need to understand this. I give opinions based on what is put out about the club, or anything really. The issue becomes a big issue when people jump in against me who share a mass opinion on the subject that differs from mine and try and pass it off as fact, then call me a troll or attention seeker and all kinds of stuff when I will not back down.

I'm fine with it all but it seems many people aren't.
    My opinions are just that. Agree with them or disagree with them. Anyone can abuse me or call me every name under the sun or even attack a strawman to make me back down from an opinion and I'm fine with it.

Just understand that I am entitled to my opinion whether they're long and strong and even massively contrary on a regular basis just as you lot are.

Just remember that the main arguments on here are generally the very same arguments that revolve around a few people, generally so naturally my stance is going to remain the same and strong against the same mass stance.

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    In answer to why now? I have a theory too. Ashley has been trying to screw over any potential buyers by upping the price. I think he has worked out that they wont pay an increased amount So he has removed Rafa and any opposition to cashing in on Longstaff and Almiron. He can now trouser about £60m and still have the sale of the club go through
    OR
    He is just a fat vindictive piece of shyte
    You see, you have a theory and not a fact and you can argue from any stance by using other theories that appear to back it up and people can simply agree with your theory, en masse and yet, until facts show up, it remains just that. A theory.

This is what we're all arguing on here, generally.

Here's a theory that could be close or so far away.
    Ashley is about to leave and the Sheikh will come in and give us one or two seasons of hit and run football and we'll end up with a team full of mercenaries.

Here's another one in the same vein.

Ashley sells up and in comes the Sheikh who ploughs so much cash into the club that all players see us as their want in club and we end up challenging the big clubs and also the champions league becomes almost an expectation each seasonal start, then it becomes a race for the top with Sheikh V Sheikh whilst all others falter.

Last one.
    Ashley stays and appoints a top manager who changes the way we play football and we start to actually enjoy it much more and manage to finish inside the top 10 or 10th,

Ok just one more theory.

Ashley stays and we bring in Phil Brown who treats the players like kids and alienates himself against them in short order, knowing he has a 10 year contract because Ashley wants to destroy the club and really pee the fans off.

I could go on and on but you know what?
    Let's see what the real outcome is and in time let's see what we find out about why Rafa's contract wasn't renewed...and we can start a new theory on that one.
    This is what it's all about. Theories and opinions based on liking or disliking or being on the fence. Yet facts are few and far between.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 26-06-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You see, you have a theory and not a fact and you can argue from any stance by using other theories that appear to back it up and people can simply agree with your theory, en masse and yet, until facts show up, it remains just that. A theory.

Ashley is about to leave and the Sheikh will come in and give us one or two seasons of hit and run football and we'll end up with a team full of mercenaries.

Ashley sells up and in comes the Sheikh who ploughs so much cash into the club that all players see us as their want in club and we end up challenging the big clubs and also the champions league becomes almost an expectation each seasonal start, then it becomes a race for the top with Sheikh V Sheikh whilst all others falter.

Last one.
    Ashley stays and appoints a top manager who changes the way we play football and we start to actually enjoy it much more and manage to finish inside the top 10 or 10th,

Ok just one more theory.

Ashley stays and we bring in Phil Brown who treats the players like kids and alienates himself against them in short order, knowing he has a 10 year contract because Ashley wants to destroy the club and really pee the fans off.

Let's see what the real outcome is and in time let's see what we find out about why Rafa's contract wasn't renewed...and we can start a new theory on that one.
    This is what it's all about. Theories and opinions based on liking or disliking or being on the fence. Yet facts are few and far between.
    You were very quiet whilst everyone was happy waiting for Rafa to sign and 5he takeover to happen...now people are up in arms you are all over the board with your bollox...

...not a true fan just a WUM.

Go boil ya heed.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

Last one.

Ok just one more theory.

Gravity is a theory, did you used to argue about that with your science teacher? The world is ran by theories not facts. You just like to use the word fact to back up your absolutely pointless posts knowing it's virtually impossible to have actual facts on the topics we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Gravity is a theory, did you used to argue about that with your science teacher? The world is ran by theories not facts. You just like to use the word fact to back up your absolutely pointless posts knowing it's virtually impossible to have actual facts on the topics we speak.
    He actually doesn't believe in gravity or a spherical earth...he's a moron...don't get him started.

I know a fact.Mike Ashley is a kunt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)