+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why now?

Why now?

Eh? I mean, why say he's off today as opposed to the 1st July?

I've got a theory....no, bear with me!

We all know the club hate the fans...with the fat slug it's gone way past not caring and into 'I hate those bastads' territory. They never communicate with us so why now? My theory is that it's his last chance as owner to piss us off. The Bin Zayed group are clearly serious about wanting to buy us...the stumbling block is the fat, greedy cunt but the silence from the club over the potential sale could actually be a good sign? If we. for example, get sold next week and the new owners announce Rafa as the manager then it's all good for us...and fatso would hate that. Telling us now might be his parting 'gift' to us?

Ok, ok...maybe I'm clutching at straws but I just think the club would have said the sale is off before they told us Rafa wasn't staying? no?
    Last edited by Zippity; 24-06-2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: arse feck drink girls arse feck

..or the takeover will be called off around 30th June and the club didn't want a double wammy at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    ..or the takeover will be called off around 30th June and the club didn't want a double wammy at the same time?
    I had thought that but it brought a little bit of sick into my mouth so I banished it from my mind.....

The takeover will "drag on" until near the end of the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by toonsy View Post
    The takeover will "drag on" until near the end of the transfer window.
    Exactly this.

I don't understand what he tends to gain from zero investment and a tuppence hapeny manager.

I have already written off the upcoming season.

Let's see what comes out in the wash as to the why's and wherefore's of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Let's see what comes out in the wash as to the why's and wherefore's of it all.
    It's there for all and sundry to see ffs.

He has just got rid of a WORLD CLASS Manager with ambition. Why do you think that is?

He will keep moving the goalposts until the Arabs loss patiance and feck off.

It stands out like a brass penny on a sweeps arse to me and thousands of others.

It's what he has been doing in one shape or form since he shat on King Kev.

it's definitely aimed at Pissing us off

ashleys main enjoyment, outside of work, over the last few years.

I honestly hope we get relegated and relegated again and again and it bankrupts the fat ****

he who laughs last laughs loudest

Here is what Big Al has to say on the matter.

LIKE every Newcastle fan, I am devastated Rafa Benitez is leaving the club.

‘It is desperately sad news and a massive blow — and it is ridiculous it has to come to this.

‘Newcastle were fortunate enough to have a world-class manager who was doing a very good job and they have just allowed him to walk away for nothing.

‘It is a shambles and a travesty. It doesn’t make any sense.

‘From the reaction on social media, you can see how angry the fanbase is, but they will not blame Rafa for leaving and neither do I.

‘He has been brilliant but he has completely lost trust in those he is working for, which is not the first time that has happened at Newcastle under owner Mike Ashley.

‘Such has been the breakdown in their relationship, I am told Rafa did not even know Newcastle were putting the statement out yesterday.

‘Rafa and the Toon Army deserve better than that.

‘You will see the propaganda come out from Newcastle in the next few days — we offered him this and that, we said he could have so many millions to spend.

‘But as fans we know the truth. It has happened too many times at the club.

‘By appointing a manager of the calibre of Rafa Benitez, it was the chance for Mike to say: “Whatever has gone on in the past, we are going to move forward with him and we will do everything we can to keep him.”

‘Instead, it is the same old story and Newcastle are back to square one.

‘Rafa did a top job there under very difficult circumstances.

‘Despite his proven pedigree, he was happy to drop down to the Championship. And he got Newcastle up at the first attempt, then finished tenth and 13th in the Premier League on a limited budget.

‘Rafa united the fans and gave them belief, which they had not had for a long time.

‘He passionately cared for the club and the supporters, but above all, he knew the potential Newcastle carried.

‘I know Rafa can be political but the man delivers. All he wanted was what was best for the club.

‘Most managers have issues with whoever they have to answer to, but you have to have some sort of rapport with someone at the club that shares your ambition.

‘All Mike Ashley wants is for Newcastle to survive but Rafa is bigger and better than that.

‘He doesn’t want to be fighting a relegation battle every year, he wants to take a team forward.‘

True words from Alan shearer
    Can't argue with any of it at all

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)