Get your very own personalised DAN'S DOMAIN gifts!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why now?

Why now?

Eh? I mean, why say he's off today as opposed to the 1st July?

I've got a theory....no, bear with me!

We all know the club hate the fans...with the fat slug it's gone way past not caring and into 'I hate those bastads' territory. They never communicate with us so why now? My theory is that it's his last chance as owner to piss us off. The Bin Zayed group are clearly serious about wanting to buy us...the stumbling block is the fat, greedy cunt but the silence from the club over the potential sale could actually be a good sign? If we. for example, get sold next week and the new owners announce Rafa as the manager then it's all good for us...and fatso would hate that. Telling us now might be his parting 'gift' to us?

Ok, ok...maybe I'm clutching at straws but I just think the club would have said the sale is off before they told us Rafa wasn't staying? no?
    Last edited by Zippity; 24-06-2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: arse feck drink girls arse feck

..or the takeover will be called off around 30th June and the club didn't want a double wammy at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    ..or the takeover will be called off around 30th June and the club didn't want a double wammy at the same time?
    I had thought that but it brought a little bit of sick into my mouth so I banished it from my mind.....

The takeover will "drag on" until near the end of the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by toonsy View Post
    The takeover will "drag on" until near the end of the transfer window.
    Exactly this.

I don't understand what he tends to gain from zero investment and a tuppence hapeny manager.

I have already written off the upcoming season.

Let's see what comes out in the wash as to the why's and wherefore's of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Let's see what comes out in the wash as to the why's and wherefore's of it all.
    It's there for all and sundry to see ffs.

He has just got rid of a WORLD CLASS Manager with ambition. Why do you think that is?

He will keep moving the goalposts until the Arabs loss patiance and feck off.

It stands out like a brass penny on a sweeps arse to me and thousands of others.

It's what he has been doing in one shape or form since he shat on King Kev.

it's definitely aimed at Pissing us off

ashleys main enjoyment, outside of work, over the last few years.

I honestly hope we get relegated and relegated again and again and it bankrupts the fat ****

he who laughs last laughs loudest

Here is what Big Al has to say on the matter.

LIKE every Newcastle fan, I am devastated Rafa Benitez is leaving the club.

‘It is desperately sad news and a massive blow — and it is ridiculous it has to come to this.

‘Newcastle were fortunate enough to have a world-class manager who was doing a very good job and they have just allowed him to walk away for nothing.

‘It is a shambles and a travesty. It doesn’t make any sense.

‘From the reaction on social media, you can see how angry the fanbase is, but they will not blame Rafa for leaving and neither do I.

‘He has been brilliant but he has completely lost trust in those he is working for, which is not the first time that has happened at Newcastle under owner Mike Ashley.

‘Such has been the breakdown in their relationship, I am told Rafa did not even know Newcastle were putting the statement out yesterday.

‘Rafa and the Toon Army deserve better than that.

‘You will see the propaganda come out from Newcastle in the next few days — we offered him this and that, we said he could have so many millions to spend.

‘But as fans we know the truth. It has happened too many times at the club.

‘By appointing a manager of the calibre of Rafa Benitez, it was the chance for Mike to say: “Whatever has gone on in the past, we are going to move forward with him and we will do everything we can to keep him.”

‘Instead, it is the same old story and Newcastle are back to square one.

‘Rafa did a top job there under very difficult circumstances.

‘Despite his proven pedigree, he was happy to drop down to the Championship. And he got Newcastle up at the first attempt, then finished tenth and 13th in the Premier League on a limited budget.

‘Rafa united the fans and gave them belief, which they had not had for a long time.

‘He passionately cared for the club and the supporters, but above all, he knew the potential Newcastle carried.

‘I know Rafa can be political but the man delivers. All he wanted was what was best for the club.

‘Most managers have issues with whoever they have to answer to, but you have to have some sort of rapport with someone at the club that shares your ambition.

‘All Mike Ashley wants is for Newcastle to survive but Rafa is bigger and better than that.

‘He doesn’t want to be fighting a relegation battle every year, he wants to take a team forward.‘

True words from Alan shearer
    Can't argue with any of it at all

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    True words from Alan shearer
    Can't argue with any of it at all
    Some will

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post
    It's there for all and sundry to see ffs.

He has just got rid of a WORLD CLASS Manager with ambition. Why do you think that is?

He will keep moving the goalposts until the Arabs loss patiance and feck off.

It stands out like a brass penny on a sweeps arse to me and thousands of others.

It's what he has been doing in one shape or form since he shat on King Kev.
    It's not there for all to see at all. It's there for people to speculate on and come up with whatever answers they deem, fits in with their mindset.

Nobody knows, as of yet why Rafa won't sign his contract offered.
    Nobody knows what Ashley is thinking at this moment.
    It's easy to speculate on what fits an ideal but it doesn't prove facts.

And here he is.

Have had 12 years of this sh1t,and who is the only constant in all this.Ashley.

It's not there for all to see at all. It's there for people to speculate on and come up with whatever answers they deem, fits in with their mindset.

Nobody knows, as of yet why Rafa won't sign his contract offered.
    Nobody knows what Ashley is thinking at this moment.
    It's easy to speculate on what fits an ideal but it doesn't prove facts.
    I don't know when you have ever proven anything with facts. You've claimed that the Earth is flat and that Leicester winning the league was a scheme. Haven't seen any evidence from you to suggest that these things are true. But when others claim something, they must have evidence - which you in turn will refuse to believe anyway.

Ashley/Charnley only offered Rafa a year's extension with no assurances of funds this summer. Probably some of it had to do with the potential takeover, but still... One can only hope now that Rafa was fine with leaving Ashley with the hope that the takeover may come through and the new owners will have the sense to bring him back - with proper backing.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I don't know when you have ever proven anything with facts. But when others claim something, they must have evidence - which you in turn will refuse to believe anyway.
    I don't claim anything as fact, unless I know it is a fact. I claim an opinion from my point of view which is regularly shot down by people like yourself, which is absolutely fine to do as long as you're on the understanding that you need to show facts from your side to shoot it down, legitimately, otherwise it's just blind shooting.
    Mass backing/adhering to opinion does not also make anything a fact.

Ashley/Charnley only offered Rafa a year's extension with no assurances of funds this summer.
    Speculation, unless you have the facts. Do you have any facts to back this up?

Probably some of it had to do with the potential takeover, but still... One can only hope now that Rafa was fine with leaving
    Ashley with the hope that the takeover may come through and the new owners will have the sense to bring him back - with proper backing.
    You are free to hope and guess at anything you wish, just as I am. My thoughts on a lot of this stuff may differ from many but as it stands, none of us know what's what. It's mere speculative guesses based on ramped up rumours on a conveyor belt of Chinese type whispers.

Some people will simply go one way which is, everything's Ashley's fault with little to no leeway.
    Others will wait and see the outcome of it to get a better understanding of what's what.

The simple crux of the matter is this. Many fans love Rafa and Hate Ashley so, no matter what a lot of views will become tainted, in my opinion.
    Some fans are debating whether to give up their season tickets and others refusing to buy anything to do with the club if it fills the wrong pocket....etc.
    All this is based on speculation as of now. Based on losing a manager they adore who they think has been cruelly despatched by some kind of monstrous owner and some even citing that their lives have been blighted for 12 years.

Others simply carry on watching the team, whether they do it by simple loyalty or weekend regularity or as a family day out, regardless of who owns the club or who manages it, as I've said before.

If Phil Brown or someone was appointed, many fans would potentially be up in arms and some more fans would likely boycott, yet things will go on.
    If Ashley left and a Sheikh came in and employed the very same Phil Brown, what would happen?

If Ashley employs Mourinho, what happens to those who were about to jump ship?
    Lot's of if's and but's with speculation. We can all do it but we can only do it by way of how we all think in our own ways, whether that's a steadfast personal view in a minority (me, generally) or following a popular opinion.

As it stands, all we know is what we're told. Rafa is leaving and the club tried to get him to stay.
    What people glean from that is their own choice but remember that we're all entitled to whatever choice we make on it, but also remembering that no choice is the correct one until the proof is in the pudding and in the eating.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 25-06-2019 at 12:26 PM.

I don't claim anything as fact, unless I know it is a fact. I claim an opinion from my point of view which is regularly shot down by people like yourself, which is absolutely fine to do as long as you're on the understanding that you need to show facts from your side to shoot it down, legitimately, otherwise it's just blind shooting.
    Mass backing/adhering to opinion does not also make anything a fact.

Speculation, unless you have the facts. Do you have any facts to back this up?

You are free to hope and guess at anything you wish, just as I am. My thoughts on a lot of this stuff may differ from many but as it stands, none of us know what's what. It's mere speculative guesses based on ramped up rumours on a conveyor belt of Chinese type whispers.

Some people will simply go one way which is, everything's Ashley's fault with little to no leeway.
    Others will wait and see the outcome of it to get a better understanding of what's what.

The simple crux of the matter is this. Many fans love Rafa and Hate Ashley so, no matter what a lot of views will become tainted, in my opinion.
    Some fans are debating whether to give up their season tickets and others refusing to buy anything to do with the club if it fills the wrong pocket....etc.
    All this is based on speculation as of now. Based on losing a manager they adore who they think has been cruelly despatched by some kind of monstrous owner and some even citing that their lives have been blighted for 12 years.

Others simply carry on watching the team, whether they do it by simple loyalty or weekend regularity or as a family day out, regardless of who owns the club or who manages it, as I've said before.

If Phil Brown or someone was appointed, many fans would potentially be up in arms and some more fans would likely boycott, yet things will go on.
    If Ashley left and a Sheikh came in and employed the very same Phil Brown, what would happen?

If Ashley employs Mourinho, what happens to those who were about to jump ship?
    Lot's of if's and but's with speculation. We can all do it but we can only do it by way of how we all think in our own ways, whether that's a steadfast personal view in a minority (me, generally) or following a popular opinion.

As it stands, all we know is what we're told. Rafa is leaving and the club tried to get him to stay.
    What people glean from that is their own choice but remember that we're all entitled to whatever choice we make on it, but also remembering that no choice is the correct one until the proof is in the pudding and in the eating.
    Just more bollox.

I don't know when you have ever proven anything with facts. You've claimed that the Earth is flat and that Leicester winning the league was a scheme. Haven't seen any evidence from you to suggest that these things are true. But when others claim something, they must have evidence - which you in turn will refuse to believe anyway.

Ashley/Charnley only offered Rafa a year's extension with no assurances of funds this summer. Probably some of it had to do with the potential takeover, but still... One can only hope now that Rafa was fine with leaving Ashley with the hope that the takeover may come through and the new owners will have the sense to bring him back - with proper backing.
    Spot on mate.

The troll places his feet in the sand against ANY logical argument.

There is also the possibility that the Arab Takeover have another manager lined up and maybe coerced Ashley into getting rid of Rafa so as to not lose face with the fans

The saying You lying Arab wasn't drawn out of thin air

It's not worth it Hughie.

If you suddenly decided to support his views he'd change them and swear the new ones were his all along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast