+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Notts County refuse to comment on rumoured PUMA dispute"

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you're saying that pre-match interviews are mostly bollox I would agree with you. I think there is some contractual obligation to do them, and they're hardly likely to say "training has gone badly" or "confidence is low, so we're expecting defeat". I take no notice of them at all, I much preferred the old days when it was left to players to do their talking out on the pitch.
    agree with the doing the talking on the pitch comment finally found some common ground, truce??

Anyway, what about the PUMA dispute???

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    agree with the doing the talking on the pitch comment finally found some common ground, truce??
    Truce? I thought we were friends all along, just a healthy exchange of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Anyway, what about the PUMA dispute???
    There's a Puma dispute?

Am I right in thinking that everyone writes Puma in all capitals because it is has become an acronym for Pay Up Mr. Alan?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    There's a Puma dispute?

Am I right in thinking that everyone writes Puma in all capitals because it is has become an acronym for Pay Up Mr. Alan?
    Or "Pay up? My Ars*"

You may have invigorated new life into this thread Swale.

Anymore ideas for the acronym PUMA everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    There's a Puma dispute?

Isn't PUMA the way is supposed to be written?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly this.

Hardy went about running the club like he couldn't fail, like promotion to L1 was a certainty, like everything he touched would turn to gold. Nolan? The next England manager. Callum Saunders and Elliot Hodge? The class of 2019, and stars of the future. Promotion? Nailed on.

In reality, he was running up bills he couldn't afford to pay, and signing a bunch of wasters on massive contracts, risking the future of our club. His lack of self-awareness and arrogance got us here, and where is he now? Who the hell knows.
    Now you've got the hang of it and can see the wood from the trees. Oh I suggest give Lynn a call in the club shop, she will know exactly how much is owed to Puma...Saunders and Hodge? There's a new comedy duo! Put that one down to Fletcher their dad's are his designer mates!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It was Exeter at home in the play off season. I quite liked the optimism he put into those pre match messages. And just because he said it, it didn’t necessarily mean I believed it would come true. Because football innit?
    Yes it was the night before the home defeat against Exeter (Jan 2018) when the comments were along the lines of "Wow, I couldn't sleep, it must be Christmas - you guys are in for a treat". We then lost the next two home games, Exeter and Creepies before the big win & crowd v Crewe.

Prior to that he'd been saying "Don't worry we'll be in League 1 next season" and "the squad will be stronger after the transfer window". He was arguing/bantering with supporters and bigging up Noble, Husin, Virtue etc.

Is there a fine line between being positive and being stupid? Because many thought then he was being stupid.

By the time April came he was admitting mistakes had been made and they wouldn't be repeated next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Or "Pay up? My Ars*"

You may have invigorated new life into this thread Swale.

Anymore ideas for the acronym PUMA everybody?
    Panic Until Money Appears.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Isn't PUMA the way is supposed to be written?
    The logo is in capitals but looking on their site they don't seem too bothered how the word is spelled

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast