+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "Notts County refuse to comment on rumoured PUMA dispute"

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Your = belonging to that person.
    You're = you are.

The better your (not you're) grasp of basic spelling and grammar, the more valid your opinions become to the average reader.
    Takes average to know average I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Yes it was the night before the home defeat against Exeter (Jan 2018) when the comments were along the lines of "Wow, I couldn't sleep, it must be Christmas - you guys are in for a treat". We then lost the next two home games, Exeter and Creepies before the big win & crowd v Crewe.

Prior to that he'd been saying "Don't worry we'll be in League 1 next season" and "the squad will be stronger after the transfer window". He was arguing/bantering with supporters and bigging up Noble, Husin, Virtue etc.

Is there a fine line between being positive and being stupid? Because many thought then he was being stupid.

By the time April came he was admitting mistakes had been made and they wouldn't be repeated next season.
    No. There's a line between being a YEL football dad and wannabe manager/coach who surrounded himself with designer morons and a complete bullshiiting fantasist who has destroyed a great football club and it's a very thin line.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    There's a Puma dispute?

Am I right in thinking that everyone writes Puma in all capitals because it is has become an acronym for Pay Up Mr. Alan?
    😛😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😭😭

I was wrong once in 2007.
    By my calculations, if this is true and all your racing bets have come in since then, you should be in a position to buy the club (£1) and clear the debts (£10 million and counting). Might not leave much left for next year's playing budget though!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    By my calculations, if this is true and all your racing bets have come in since then, you should be in a position to buy the club (£1) and clear the debts (£10 million and counting). Might not leave much left for next year's playing budget though!
    Your calculations are partly correct, as my shrewd gambling has definitely put me in a position to buy the club for £1. In fact, even if they doubled the price it wouldn't stretch my finances too much.

However I've just checked my accounts, and clearing the debts might present a bit of a problem.

Your calculations are partly correct, as my shrewd gambling has definitely put me in a position to buy the club for £1. In fact, even if they doubled the price it wouldn't stretch my finances too much.

However I've just checked my accounts, and clearing the debts might present a bit of a problem.
    There's always the next race...

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    There's always the next race...
    That's the epitaph of many a mug punter.

That's the epitaph of many a mug punter.
    And not all that dissimilar to the epitaph of many a football club owner!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456