+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Fury in France

O/T Fury in France

Parents are angry that major exams for 14 & 15 year olds have been postponed because of an expected heat wave that will arrive at the end of this week.

Instead all exams which are equivalent to the british gcse will take place early next week.

The school year finishes in two weeks so it's a great time for parents to get a good deal on their holidays as next week it'll be cheaper but all those that have booked are likely to miss out.

I'll put money on it that the government will offer compensation before anyone asks for it

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Parents are angry that major exams for 14 & 15 year olds have been postponed because of an expected heat wave that will arrive at the end of this week.

Instead all exams which are equivalent to the british gcse will take place early next week.

The school year finishes in two weeks so it's a great time for parents to get a good deal on their holidays as next week it'll be cheaper but all those that have booked are likely to miss out.

I'll put money on it that the government will offer compensation before anyone asks for it
    Why would they have booked holiday during the week after when it's a school week? Risky as there is always a small chance that this might happen. Can't see how the gov't can be responsible for parents booking holiday during formal school time? Or have a read it wrong (Probly!)

Thought this was about Boxing????

I'll get mi coat

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Why would they have booked holiday during the week after when it's a school week? Risky as there is always a small chance that this might happen. Can't see how the gov't can be responsible for parents booking holiday during formal school time? Or have a read it wrong (Probly!)
    They're not expected to be in school tbh. Mi youngest did it last year.
    Lots of parents book that week off work. No punishment for it like int UK.

I thought it was going to be about Billy

So near but so far away.