Get your very own personalised Views from the Kop gifts!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests: Straw Poll

Ok... consensus on here is a little mixed...but elsewhere on Facebook and Twitter, the consensus is to act.

There is a WhatsApp group set up to discuss next steps.

Please feel free to join in the conversation..

https://chat.whatsapp.com/H06UjY7gwFjCJ7218qIeFf

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Ok... consensus on here is a little mixed...but elsewhere on Facebook and Twitter, the consensus is to act.

There is a WhatsApp group set up to discuss next steps.

Please feel free to join in the conversation..

https://chat.whatsapp.com/H06UjY7gwFjCJ7218qIeFf

I am honestly past caring anymore.

I understand that mate but we cant go down without a fight.

... we just cant

Unless anyone's got a pile of money under their pillow, it's pointless.
    Hardy isn't allowed to give the club away, nobody will pay what he wants and needs.
    Who are we actually going to pointlessly shout at on the street corner?

It's beginning to look like the only useful thing that can be done is to contact the people who got the supporters Trust up and running last time, ask their advice and hope we've another gem like like Haydn Green hiding somewhere.

I am livid. Never felt so low as a Notts fans. If I lived in the UK, I'd absolutely be up for it - as long as it's clear we are protesting about the lack of information surrounding the club's future, not relegation and financial issues (as that's all water under the bridge now).

We need to force the club to be open about what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I thought you would be a yes, waving it around is your thing.
    In your dreams Sinbad, in your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I will protest but wait till after July 10th l feel is the correct decision on this occasion.
    I agree with that..

Doesnt matter... its already happening. It cant be stopped now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    In your dreams Sinbad, in your dreams.
    Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Nightmare.
    Not that keen on protests, but at the end of the day, what with the state we're in and the lack of info from the club, I'm not sure what else you would expect fans to do.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...rpJLgL3AazBIEI

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I am livid.
    No, I am... oh, I see

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    No, I am... oh, I see

People have started posting on the whatsapp group, trouble is its an open forum and anyone is allowed to join, I fear its a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    People have started posting on the whatsapp group, trouble is it’s an open forum and anyone is allowed to join, I fear it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    I fear you could be right. Someone eloquent needs to organise and lead rather than everyone diving into a free for all. This could already be the case of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I fear you could be right. Someone eloquent needs to organise and lead rather than everyone diving into a free for all.
    I don't do any form of social media, so when I clicked the link in post #21 it says "Open WhatsApp on your phone". I don't have WhatsApp on my phone and have no inclination to get it. I am as frustrated as anyone about the state of our club, but I'd like to know exactly what we are protesting about before deciding whether or not to join.

People have started posting on the whatsapp group, trouble is its an open forum and anyone is allowed to join, I fear its a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    Lawsuit?... I know the Tories are in charge but people still do have a right to protest in 2019

People have started posting on the whatsapp group, trouble is it’s an open forum and anyone is allowed to join, I fear it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    Stupid idea in the first place thought up and carried on by stupid brainless people!! - serves the protesters right if they end up in court.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Stupid idea in the first place thought up and carried on by stupid brainless people!! - serves the protesters right if they end up in court.
    Wow... youre really angry about this arent you? Shame your anger doesnt extend to the reckless destruction of our football club.

... bit of advice.. dont brand fellow supporters of being brainless.

In June 2009, 93% of the Supporters' Trust members who cast a vote elected to sell the club to Munto Finance, and the vast majority of other non-Trust fans supported that decision at the time, publicly or privately, having grown sick of the financial limitations of fan ownership.

The reasons were entirely understandable, but the fact is that everybody who did so - me included - effectively purchased a ticket for the lottery that is putting your football club (back) in the hands of private ownership, be that an individual or a consortium. It has remained in private ownership ever since.

Private owners have sole control to do what they wish, and the club belongs to them, not the fans. I'm not saying that the alternative would have worked any better, but the reality is you take your chances as to whether private owners deliver you to heaven or hell.
    Last edited by jackal2; 25-06-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Id have thought it would be worth waiting for two things before starting any protest movement.

The first would be the outcome of the efforts being made by the local MP. As I understand it, she undertook to seek a meeting with Hardy to obtain as much information as she could about what is happening to the takeover and the club. It might be that she gets nowhere, but surely its worth a short wait to see if she makes any progress.

The second is the court hearing on 10 July. If the plea being made to the court goes something like we need a bit more time for the takeover to go through, but we expect that another 4 weeks will be enough , then the court is entitled to start asking some detailed questions this time, rather than accepting a bland assurance - which is what it has seemed to do so far. The replies to these questions, who? Why a further hold up beyond the timescale previously presented? and Whats the issue beyond the clubs control? could be revealing. Thats if the court asks them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast