+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests: Straw Poll

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I am livid.
    No, I am... oh, I see

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    No, I am... oh, I see

People have started posting on the whatsapp group, trouble is it’s an open forum and anyone is allowed to join, I fear it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    People have started posting on the whatsapp group, trouble is it’s an open forum and anyone is allowed to join, I fear it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    I fear you could be right. Someone eloquent needs to organise and lead rather than everyone diving into a free for all. This could already be the case of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I fear you could be right. Someone eloquent needs to organise and lead rather than everyone diving into a free for all.
    I don't do any form of social media, so when I clicked the link in post #21 it says "Open WhatsApp on your phone". I don't have WhatsApp on my phone and have no inclination to get it. I am as frustrated as anyone about the state of our club, but I'd like to know exactly what we are protesting about before deciding whether or not to join.

Lawsuit?... I know the Tories are in charge but people still do have a right to protest in 2019

Stupid idea in the first place thought up and carried on by stupid brainless people!! - serves the protesters right if they end up in court.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Stupid idea in the first place thought up and carried on by stupid brainless people!! - serves the protesters right if they end up in court.
    Wow... you’re really angry about this aren’t you? Shame your anger doesn’t extend to the reckless destruction of our football club.

... bit of advice.. don’t brand fellow supporters of being brainless.

In June 2009, 93% of the Supporters' Trust members who cast a vote elected to sell the club to Munto Finance, and the vast majority of other non-Trust fans supported that decision at the time, publicly or privately, having grown sick of the financial limitations of fan ownership.

The reasons were entirely understandable, but the fact is that everybody who did so - me included - effectively purchased a ticket for the lottery that is putting your football club (back) in the hands of private ownership, be that an individual or a consortium. It has remained in private ownership ever since.

Private owners have sole control to do what they wish, and the club belongs to them, not the fans. I'm not saying that the alternative would have worked any better, but the reality is you take your chances as to whether private owners deliver you to heaven or hell.
    Last edited by jackal2; 25-06-2019 at 06:39 PM.

I’d have thought it would be worth waiting for two things before starting any protest movement.

The first would be the outcome of the efforts being made by the local MP. As I understand it, she undertook to seek a meeting with Hardy to obtain as much information as she could about what is happening to the takeover and the club. It might be that she gets nowhere, but surely it’s worth a short wait to see if she makes any progress.

The second is the court hearing on 10 July. If the plea being made to the court goes something like “we need a bit more time for the takeover to go through, but we expect that another 4 weeks will be enough “ , then the court is entitled to start asking some detailed questions this time, rather than accepting a bland assurance - which is what it has seemed to do so far. The replies to these questions, “who?” “Why a further hold up beyond the timescale previously presented?” and “What’s the issue beyond the club’s control?” could be revealing. That’s if the court asks them.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast