+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Message to Swale from Down Under

Message to Swale from Down Under

Come on mate, ignore the COQQ HEADS; some of them need a tap on the ****in beak. The Mad forum is an important source of info for those of us overseas and you've done a great job moderating it. Im sure my fellow Aussie Pies will concur.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Come on mate, ignore the COQQ HEADS; some of them need a tap on the ****in beak. The Mad forum is an important source of info for those of us overseas and you've done a great job moderating it. Im sure my fellow Aussie Pies will concur.
    And for those of us in the Middle East. Quite why some people believe it is acceptable to abuse the person who was allowing the board to function is totally beyond me. I can only assume they will be volunteering to do the sterling work that Swale did?

From north east Scotland I echo the comments of the previous posters. Please come back Swale.

Don't blame him. Some of the abuse board users hurl at each other beggers belief. Surely the common aim is supporting Notts as opposed to knifing each other from behind the safety of a keyboard? I sincerely hope Swale has second thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Don't blame him. Some of the abuse board users hurl at each other beggers belief. Surely the common aim is supporting Notts as opposed to knifing each other from behind the safety of a keyboard? I sincerely hope Swale has second thoughts.
    Well we do have a hardcore that have specific posters permanently in their sights.

Every so often on here you get a new poster springing up who can barely spell or string a sentence together, whose contribution is limited to nonsensical profanity and insults. They are usually quickly identified and banned, and it's obvious that they don't have the intelligence to know any better or articulate their thoughts in a proper way.

The thing that disappoints me most is that the posters who seem to have provoked Swale's departure do not fit into that category. They have shown in the past that they have the intelligence and communication skills to express their views in a rational, civilised way, but instead have given in to the base instinct to make abhorrent comments about the club owner, and have then attacked Swale's character because he politely asked them to refrain.

I hope as others have said that it was a heat of the moment thing driven by the desperation of the club's situation at the moment, which would be more understandable, but it's still no excuse. The people concerned need to put things right by withdrawing their comments and personally apologising to Swale, whether he's in a mood to accept it or not. I would say they should ask for the offending comments to be deleted, but without a moderator that's difficult to do!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Well we do have a hardcore that have specific posters permanently in their sights.
    You seem to be missing the point. I don't think Swale had any real problem with the little tiffs that frequently break out on here. All they needed was a 'please calm down' message if they looked to be going too far. As for the reason he's gone, I think this part of jackal's post sums up perfectly why he has had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The thing that disappoints me most is that the posters who seem to have provoked Swale's departure do not fit into that category. They have shown in the past that they have the intelligence and communication skills to express their views in a rational, civilised way, but instead have given in to the base instinct to make abhorrent comments about the club owner, and have then attacked Swale's character because he politely asked them to refrain.

Swale was doing a great job and it’s terrible that he’s got abuse from an irresponsible minority. Like others have said, I hope he reconsiders, or at least keeps contributing to the site in a non-moderator capacity.

Living out in the wilds of Gloucestershire, I find this board very informative, and learn more about what is going on than from any other source. Although not a frequent poster, This board is very important to both me and my 40 year old son.

Since Swale took up the reigns of Moderator again, I have been very impressed by his attitude towards the club, and the positive spirit that has always shone through in his posts.

I know nothing of his circumstances, but hope he may reconsider his decision. This board will be very much the worse without both his input and control. Whatever he decides, I wish him much good luck and thank him for his undoubted commitment to both this board and our dearly loved Notts County.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. I don't think Swale had any real problem with the little tiffs that frequently break out on here. All they needed was a 'please calm down' message if they looked to be going too far. As for the reason he's gone, I think this part of jackal's post sums up perfectly why he has had enough.
    Elite is right, Swale didn't have a problem with the spats. The reality is those who complain about the spats, actually, enjoy them. It's along with the 0/T threads that makes this such a great, vibrant board. Swale's problem was with those posters who because he was the mod, he wasn't entitled, like the rest of us to an opinion. Hope to have a barney about what breed of dog makes the best pet soon mate. Ladrador all day long . COYP.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast