+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shock! Horror! Referee overrules VAR to keep the game going.

Shock! Horror! Referee overrules VAR to keep the game going.

Quiz Question.

What does a black African womens football team and Remain supporters in the UK have in common. Answers on the back of a postage stamp please.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Quiz Question.

What does a black African womens football team and Remain supporters in the UK have in common. Answers on the back of a postage stamp please.
    they are all a set of smelly cnuts who don't play by the rules..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    they are all a set of smelly cnuts who don't play by the rules..
    FIFA have actually come out and said it was better to forget the rules and the referee was right to ignore VAR to stop the ladies exiting the pitch. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    FIFA have actually come out and said it was better to forget the rules and the referee was right to ignore VAR to stop the ladies exiting the pitch. WTF?
    BT --it is the way forward!! FIFA and those others running the game will eventually change more and more Laws of the Game in order to accommodate VAR. They have already done it with the keepers being cautioned if they step off their line, however, they have then rescinded this in the case of a penalty shoot out --so they have gone against their own directive.

What happens now when the AR is instructed not to flag for offside in case a goal is scored, however, they can flag once the ball is in the net if they think it was offside and VAR will check and look at the chaos that caused in the Cameroon game.

Scenario --AR thinks player is offside but, as per instruction, does not flag. Player continues but is then fouled by an opponent who receives a yellow, however, this is their second yellow so they are dismissed. Meanwhile VAR checks and says that the player was offisde ---is the second yellow rescinded? I don't think that they have given clarification on that one.

You could also have a similar situation where play has carried on and the keeper comes out and makes a save but is seriously injured in the process and is stretchered of and out of the game for the rest of the season. VAR rules that the player was offside ---what a shame for the keeper but never mind all has been carried out because FIFA have directed.

The handball given against Japan last night was another prime example of where the game is going -----to the dogs!!! ---and there is not one thing that any of us can do about it except go and watch non-league football with sinkov!

Actually Sub I had been coming round to VAR, I could see that it could help the refs and liners, and feck me don't they need some help, but I had overlooked the ability of the clowns running the game to continually make it worse, which it seems they are intent on doing. I'll give it a few weeks next season and if it degenerates in the way that seems likely they can keep their game, I'll be cancelling my SkySports and BTSport subscriptions, and I'll stick to watching non-league and MOTD. That'll do me.

it's silly - as not even VAR.....can stop an intended act !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)