Get your very own personalised Turfites Talk gifts!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Words fail me...

  1. #1

    Words fail me...

    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have topped Tatlerís Social Power List, earning them the title of Britain's "most socially significant" people.

    His half wit of a brother bleeds the taxpayer of £2.4 million to renovate his "cottage" and we have these two Royal Coat Hangers "earning them the title of Britain's most socially significant people". Phuck me, we really do need a Revolution...

    Name:  Bring on the Republic..jpg
Views: 318
Size:  29.8 KB

    How on earth does one earn the title of Britain's "most socially significant" people?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have topped Tatler’s Social Power List, earning them the title of Britain's "most socially significant" people.

    His half wit of a brother bleeds the taxpayer of £2.4 million to renovate his "cottage" and we have these two Royal Coat Hangers "earning them the title of Britain's most socially significant people". Phuck me, we really do need a Revolution...

    Name:  Bring on the Republic..jpg
Views: 318
Size:  29.8 KB

    How on earth does one earn the title of Britain's "most socially significant" people?
    They were going to give it you and your missus but they realised that they would get even more people asking that question so, for safety's sake, they opted for these two.

  3. #3
    I thought Mr & Mrs Sinkov from the Ribble Valley would have nailed this award.

  4. #4
    I thought either Graham Norton or Elton John and their respective partners would have received that award in the UK.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought Mr & Mrs Sinkov from the Ribble Valley would have nailed this award.
    Come on BT--he doesn't do the social climbing and mixing with MPs that you do ---he certainly has no ambitions within the social whirl.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,425
    .

    I knew nothing of this social power Malarkey.....but from what I can make out - it means that if you top the list....then your the one to be seen with - above all others....so in other words - it's a self-satisfying ego trade for vain and pretentious egosit twots.....but I think what they're truly after - is for those outside of their scuzzy megalomaniacal sphere, those unworthy peons (as they see us)....to somehow fall for their sick pathetic swindle, and Idolize them....Stupefied Stupid !





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33,373
    Royal Ascot is a national treasure ..I've been a couple of times and mixed with the Royals ..God save the queen..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Come on BT--he doesn't do the social climbing and mixing with MPs that you do ---he certainly has no ambitions within the social whirl.
    Not so Sub, BT is correct, I had been expecting the letter of confirmation every morning for the last week, but all that has arrived is a letter from Lloyds Bank pointing out that my current account is overdrawn, and one of those brown envelopes containing pooh sticks to check for bowel cancer.

    I am distraught, but as it no doubt makes Brenda happy in the evening of her days, then I shall not be appealing the decision. Maybe next year eh ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,094
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have topped Tatler’s Social Power List, earning them the title of Britain's "most socially significant" people.
    I'm a bit surprised you're on Tatlers subscription list BT, how did you wangle that ? They don't normally allow riff-raff on it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm a bit surprised you're on Tatlers subscription list BT, how did you wangle that ? They don't normally allow riff-raff on it.
    I have topped Tatler’s "Most Despised Peasant List" for the last three years running. Corbyn is distraught, he thought he had it nailed on this year!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Come on BT--he doesn't do the social climbing and mixing with MPs that you do ---he certainly has no ambitions within the social whirl.
    This is how to spend a Friday morning...

    Labour Party Policy Forum consultation event – Local Economic Development – Friday 28 June – ATTENDANCE CONFIRMATION
    BD




    Business Development <business@labour.org.uk>
    Tue 25/06/2019 11:43


    Dear Colleague,

    Many thanks for registering to attend the National Policy Forum Local Economic Development consultation on Friday. Full details of the event are below.

    Friday 28 June 2019
    9.30am – 12.00am (Light refreshments will be served from 9.30am.)
    Science and Industry Museum, Liverpool Road, Manchester M3 4FP

    Table themes and politicians:

    1. Devolution – Andrew Gwynne MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
    2. Housing – Sarah Jones MP, Shadow Minister (Housing, Communities and Local Government – Housing)
    3. Local Government Finance– Jim McMahon MP, Shadow Minister (Housing, Communities and Local Government - Devolution)
    4. High Streets – Jonathan Reynolds MP, Shadow Economic Secretary (Treasury) and Peter Dowd MP, Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury
    5. Job creation and apprenticeships – Afzal Khan MP, Shadow Minister (Home Office)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Royal Ascot is a national treasure ..I've been a couple of times and mixed with the Royals ..God save the queen..
    You keep tugging on your forelock Alfie...

    Name:  Wythenshawe family.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  57.0 KB

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have topped Tatlerís Social Power List, earning them the title of Britain's "most socially significant" people.

    His half wit of a brother bleeds the taxpayer of £2.4 million to renovate his "cottage" and we have these two Royal Coat Hangers "earning them the title of Britain's most socially significant people". Phuck me, we really do need a Revolution...

    Name:  Bring on the Republic..jpg
Views: 318
Size:  29.8 KB

    How on earth does one earn the title of Britain's "most socially significant" people?
    I think youíve forgotten how much revenue they bring to the UK as well Bt not like politicians parasites
    Who spend it on made up employees and houses and any other illegal wrangle they can.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think you’ve forgotten how much revenue they bring to the UK as well Bt not like politicians parasites
    Who spend it on made up employees and houses and any other illegal wrangle they can.
    I'm sick of hearing this argument army88. Chester Zoo brings in loads of revenue, but we don't go down on our knees to worship them, do we?

    Name:  Royal bollox.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  33.3 KB

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This is how to spend a Friday morning...

    Labour Party Policy Forum consultation event – Local Economic Development – Friday 28 June – ATTENDANCE CONFIRMATION
    BD




    Business Development <business@labour.org.uk>
    Tue 25/06/2019 11:43


    Dear Colleague,

    Many thanks for registering to attend the National Policy Forum Local Economic Development consultation on Friday. Full details of the event are below.

    Friday 28 June 2019
    9.30am – 12.00am (Light refreshments will be served from 9.30am.)
    Science and Industry Museum, Liverpool Road, Manchester M3 4FP

    Table themes and politicians:

    1. Devolution – Andrew Gwynne MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
    2. Housing – Sarah Jones MP, Shadow Minister (Housing, Communities and Local Government – Housing)
    3. Local Government Finance– Jim McMahon MP, Shadow Minister (Housing, Communities and Local Government - Devolution)
    4. High Streets – Jonathan Reynolds MP, Shadow Economic Secretary (Treasury) and Peter Dowd MP, Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury
    5. Job creation and apprenticeships – Afzal Khan MP, Shadow Minister (Home Office)
    I have to admit BT that this would seem to be the best way to beat lack of sleep that there is. No doubt you will be able to claim expenses for attending, if not, you could always ask for a share from the MPs attending, after all they are socialists and will be willing to share ---won't they?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    18,564
    A Russian spy, an IRA supporter and a rascist walk into a pub.

    The barman says "What can I get you Mr Corbyn?"

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,088
    A Russian spy, an IRA supporter and a rascist walk into a pub.
    But you forget he has two more friends ,one friend from Hamas ,and another friend from Hezbullah.

    The barman says, '' Same as Usual J C ''*Phockin Hell*?''


    Believe it or not, this name is a marriage of Austrian heritage. The name *Phocken* Hell brings together the name of a town (yes, apparently someone did name their town *Phocken*) and the type of lager. For Austrians and Germans, the word hell means light. This refreshing lager beer is made of water, barley malt and hops to produce a mild and tangy flavour to last. The flavour is so tasty, it might leave you thinking, “Phocken hell! That was awesome.”

    **The name has been change to protect the innocent**

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I have to admit BT that this would seem to be the best way to beat lack of sleep that there is. No doubt you will be able to claim expenses for attending, if not, you could always ask for a share from the MPs attending, after all they are socialists and will be willing to share ---won't they?
    All expenses paid for Supersub6 out of my arse pocket. We are Socialists not bloody Tories.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    A Russian spy, an IRA supporter and a rascist walk into a pub.
    But you forget he has two more friends ,one friend from Hamas ,and another friend from Hezbullah.

    The barman says, '' Same as Usual J C ''*Phockin Hell*?''


    Believe it or not, this name is a marriage of Austrian heritage. The name *Phocken* Hell brings together the name of a town (yes, apparently someone did name their town *Phocken*) and the type of lager. For Austrians and Germans, the word hell means light. This refreshing lager beer is made of water, barley malt and hops to produce a mild and tangy flavour to last. The flavour is so tasty, it might leave you thinking, “Phocken hell! That was awesome.”

    **The name has been change to protect the innocent**
    I'll have a pint of what you are drinking Balan!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    All expenses paid for Supersub6 out of my arse pocket. We are Socialists not bloody Tories.
    How much do you have to pay for the refreshments that are being served --surely you don't get those for free as Socialists. It is a political meeting so they have to have something free otherwise they wouldn't get the MPs to attend.

    As good socialists I suppose that they will be paying their own way too including their travel and hotel and other expenses incurred.

    We are not all as green as you may think and are well aware of the fact that it is not just the Royals who get 'freebies'
    All those in public office are on the make one way or another, whether it be expenses, paid promotional appearances, talking to party members at meetings etc., etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •